Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I just don't think we're good enough to not play Darren Bent. Hope I'm wrong and Benteke grabs an early goal to settle his confidence but it seems a very odd selection to me.

agree it's even more bizzare that Benteke had a poor game last time out and starts ahead of him.

Anyway let's hope i'm proven wrong.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Benteke and Albrighton benched. Lambert got a great reaction from Bent last week and Bent could have brought that momentum into this game.

Albrighton I just don't rate in general, although the alternative is N'Zogbia so.....

Anyway the physical presence of Gabby and Benteke should give the Spurs back 4 plenty to think about, hopefully Benteke's touch will be a lot better this week. Let's not forget that although Gabby and Benteke looked pretty poor together last week they did work well away at City in the cup...

The main worry is obviously Spur's quality and speed going forward. Bale usually gives us hell, Lennon's pace will also be a massive threat against our relatively inexperienced full backs.

Dropping Bent to the bench again is pretty dangerous, I can see him leaving on january or summer if someone comes with high enough price. But I can understand the thinking behind playing Benteke and Gabby as they have much more physical presence than Bent.