Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

glaston - stephen ireland's the only absentee I can think of.

OK. Thanks for that.

I'd reckon he's a bit of a miss for you, as I'd rate him as one of your better CMs.

On his day he is, very inconsistent though.

Going on sunday now, looking forward to it. I really can't work out how this will end but I get a sneaky suspicion that it will be a very high scoring game and will be similiar to a few away results we've had in the capital in the last few years... You know, the 3-3's and 4-4's. We've shown already against Citeh that we aren't afraid to have a go away from home anymore and Spurs are inconsistent, and AVB still hasn't seemed to fully get to grips with the premier league yet.

I think we will lose but only narrowly. Its difficult to predict what will happen, we could get something, but only if we don't give the ball away cheaply as usual and don't commit the same silly mistakes.

glaston - stephen ireland's the only absentee I can think of.

OK. Thanks for that.

I'd reckon he's a bit of a miss for you, as I'd rate him as one of your better CMs.

On his day he is, very inconsistent though.

Ireland is our most intelligent footballer - he will be a big miss for sure. Can see PL going with same set up as last week against WBA (but with Bent up top instead of Tekkers) and making the same subs

They are 5th and we are 15th, a pretty good picture of where both will end up at the end of the season I guess.

They have 3 consecutive victories in the Premier League (including two away wins), as well as the win against Man Utd at Old Trafford were they were great in the first half. I think it is safe to say we will be very lucky to get away with a draw. Lambert will pretty much try to attack them in the first half, pressing them high and trying to get a goal. Second half will be extremely tough no matter what, and our play suits them very well - width to attack us with Bale and Lennon.

I predict a 3-1 loss, with Darren Bent getting the goal for us. The good thing is that the teams under us have mixed games as well, cannot see Norwich taking anything from Chelsea and both QPR and Reading have away games as well. Wigan and Soton might go on to win their home games, but they are not very consistent are they.

They are 5th and we are 15th, a pretty good picture of where both will end up at the end of the season I guess.

They have 3 consecutive victories in the Premier League (including two away wins), as well as the win against Man Utd at Old Trafford were they were great in the first half. I think it is safe to say we will be very lucky to get away with a draw. Lambert will pretty much try to attack them in the first half, pressing them high and trying to get a goal. Second half will be extremely tough no matter what, and our play suits them very well - width to attack us with Bale and Lennon.

Hard to disagree with this.

I'd not be surprised if Lambert goes with one up front and packs the midfield, as theirs is one of the strongest. Benteke's most suited to that job, but the only striker against WBA to really earn a starting spot this week was Bent, so he should be rewarded. He's undoubtedly best equipped to take the few chances I expect.

I think they're a bit shaky defensively, which we should aim to exploit... Lambert will want Bennett and Lowton to attack as well (hopefully), and maybe then we can keep them on the back heel somewhat. I think we just have to take the game to them, no fear.

I just can see lowton,bennett,vlaar or clark being able to cope with spurs. they couldnt handle shane long on his own

That is not even close to accurate. A guy scores one goal on a flubbed clearance and we "couldn't handle" him. Give me a break.

• Like 1

It's one of those games where anything other than a loss is seen as a bonus. At least PL will set us out to attack Spurs from the off which is the best way of going about getting something from the game.

Last season at the lane we were bright for the first 45 seconds and then never set foot in their box for the rest of the game . Hutton also played on the wing IIRC . It shouldn't be too hard for us to perform better than last time although I would still expect a Spurs win again . I will back Villa at the bookies though purely for the value .

..........................Guzan......................

Lowton.......Vlaar........Clark.......Bennett

Holman...El Ahmadi...Delph.......Gabby

.........................N'Zogbia......................

...........................Bent...........................