October Optimism Gauge

maqroll

I'm optimistic we won't go down, I'm also optimistic that we have some very good young players who will improve over the next few seasons.

The loss to Southampton was a kick in the teeth, even away from home - but the way we bounced back in the League Cup and a tough point from a local derby makes me quite happy with the bunch we've got. We're not going to win every game, we may well end up in the nail-biting section of the table in the last quarter of the season, but I am optimistic we're moving in the right direction, and that's the main thing.

i'm optimistic :)

we're showing signs of progress with every game, and i don't think we're anywhere near the level PL can reach with this group. i expect this month to be more of the same, some downs and some surprising ups too in to the bargain. we'll be a couple of places higher than we are now come the end of the month, then bring on the big guns coz we'll shock a couple of them!

Feeling pretty pessimistic right now to tell the truth. It is very easy to imagine us getting just a point from our next 7 games (A pumped up Norwich draws against us and straight losses to the rest).

On the plus side I do know we will go full out to win every game and we have a squad with a lot of young players who will put in a hell of a shift, so that lifts me.

Anyway, yeah feeling a bit down after the WBA result. We have not started the season well results wise.

No Richard.

Optimism or pessimism is dependent upon results not expectations, even though i do see the point your trying to make.

As i have posted elsewhere our results have been poor now for the last two seasons and again at the beginning of this season. We have spent close to 40m over the past two windows yet results haven't improved and neither have our performances. We have over the last two and bit seasons lacked a cutting edge and continue to ship goals too easily. Lambert has re-constructed our defence, with no actual difference to our results. Lambert has also added to our midfield and forward line with no improvement to our results. He like previous managers with Bent as the exception, have purchased the wrong players when better quality was available to give us more of a cutting edge. We have wasted millions on no better than average players and we have done the same again. When you keep selling your better players and then keep replacing them with average replacements then you eventually end up with an average team which we now are.

Only good results breed optimism and poor results breed pessimism. I have never been more pessimistic about our future than after watching us play this season.

No Richard.

Optimism or pessimism is dependent upon results not expectations, even though i do see the point your trying to make.

As i have posted elsewhere our results have been poor now for the last two seasons and again at the beginning of this season. We have spent close to 40m over the past two windows yet results haven't improved and neither have our performances. We have over the last two and bit seasons lacked a cutting edge and continue to ship goals too easily. Lambert has re-constructed our defence, with no actual difference to our results. Lambert has also added to our midfield and forward line with no improvement to our results. He like previous managers with Bent as the exception, have purchased the wrong players when better quality was available to give us more of a cutting edge. We have wasted millions on no better than average players and we have done the same again. When you keep selling your better players and then keep replacing them with average replacements then you eventually end up with an average team which we now are.

Only good results breed optimism and poor results breed pessimism. I have never been more pessimistic about our future than after watching us play this season.

:lol:

Spurs are beatable and Norwich. Its Fulham that I reckon could trip us up.

The topsy turvy nature of us at the moment could see us winning at spurs and losing at home to Norwich.

Better manager, better team (IMO), so I am confident about the long term future of the club. Due to the turnover of players, and changes in the sumer, it will take some time for this team to gel, and get the results I believe it can achieve.

Long term I'm optimistic, as I believe Lambert will do a good job. This seaon, however, will be a tough season, and don't expect much higher than 13/14.

No Richard.

:lol:

Would actually like to know the reasons for the smiley? Do you disagree that we have lacked a cutting edge over the past two-three seasons? Do you disagree that we have had no creativity in our midfield for the same period? Do you disagree that we have purchased the wrong players some of whom we still can't get rid off when better players were available? Do you disagree that after a further expenditure of 17m-18m with our present manager our results have now improved?

Please extend me your choices of wisdom on this?

Â