unblock us

mykeyb

Anyone had any experience of using unblock us or unotelly.

They offer a VPN which gives you a USA based ip address. The benefit of this is you can watch Hulu online and if you have a netflix account you will be able to watch the expanded US content rather than the rather limited UK offering.

Signed up for a 7 day trial for unblock us.

Content on US Netflix is miles better than the UK version. You can change where you want to appear so can check out Netflix from other countries too. Brazil has some good film content......

I've been using https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/ for a while, which is a bit cheaper, and it routes all of your traffic through their VPN servers, not just certain streaming sites.

It's only cheaper if you buy several months at once ($40 for a year), but if you have any problems with Unblock Us I'd try it out, it's the only VPN I've tried that I can get my full download speed (100mb) on.

Why would you want this out of curiosity? Seems expensive for what it is.

Well if you are a Netflix subscriber already then you are being shafted over content you get. There is much better on content available on there in different quantitites.

You can also watch video content on the Hulu site for free.

$4.99 a month is less than £4.00

I'm intrigued to hear more about this..

I have Netflix (I know I know, there are cheaper alternatives out there, blah blah.. but me and my girlfriend find it easy and it works really nicely with the Apple TV). I'm intrigued to hear the benefits of something like that.. what do you mean by 'more content'?

Same here.. I love the convenience of the apple tv and netflix set up and am not in a position to buy new gear, waste of time. So if there's a workaround that works then I'll be up for that. I've tried a few, got the us site on my ipad but nothing plays.

I'm intrigued to hear more about this..

I have Netflix (I know I know, there are cheaper alternatives out there, blah blah.. but me and my girlfriend find it easy and it works really nicely with the Apple TV). I'm intrigued to hear the benefits of something like that.. what do you mean by 'more content'?

Content is often region locked, so you cant watch stuff that is only intended for people who live in the United States (in much the same way, people in the United States cant watch the BBC iPlayer) but you can make the internet think you are in other countries with the aid of a VPN like unblock.us. If you want to watch stuff exclusive to yanks then its definitely an avenue worth exploring.

Depends on the channel.

Hulu (NBC, Fox, ABC, PBS, Comedy Central, et al) is a hybrid... some stuff requires a subscription, some doesn't.

CBS doesn't need a subscription

You're not getting the full network feeds, though, just individual shows.

Â