Weekends football 29/30 Sep

andykeenan

Jones is injured for the next two months, Smalling for another few weeks.

Giggs aswell, I know he's been an amazing player but he has no place being in their starting 11 anymore.

I thought Jones was not hurt :?

With him and Vidic out, and Ferdinand looking awful, they will struggle...Spurs tore them to shreds without having to do much, really.

I think United have significant problems at the minute. They have a phenomenal attack, arguably the best in the league but the midfield has huge holes in it and the defence is ageing and slowing down. They definitely need to make a few signings if they want to get back to their normal level, but until January it really does look like a question of how many times can Scholes play like a 25 year old and how many times can RVP, Rooney & Kagawa get them out of the shit.

Think kagawa will go on to be the more astute buy than rvp, he looks a snip at £12million. Defense is too old though. Ferdinand and vidic will be gone end of season.

Agree with this, looks a brilliant signing. Also agree their defence is too old, wonder who they might bring in as replacements. Unless of course Jones and Smalling is their plan.

Jones is out for another month or so with a knee injury.

Smalling broke his metatarsal in the summer, he will be back in a week or two apparently.

Now I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but...

After Man Utd's 3-2 loss to Tottenham, Alex Ferguson blasted referee Chris Foy, claiming that Foy ruined Man Utd's chances of winning the match.

"It is a flaw in the game that referees are responsible for time keeping. They gave four minutes. It is an insult. It is ridiculous. It is denying you the proper chance to win the football match."

Since Ferguson's comments on this matter two days ago, Foy has been demoted three tiers and will referee his first League Two game in six years, when Rochdale travel to Accrington Stanley.

There's been a long standing theory that if you mess with Ferguson, Ferguson and his friends will mess with you. Look at the cases of Darren Ferguson at PNE, Jeff Winter, Alan Wiley's 'retirement' and Mark Clattenberg.

Preston sacked Ferguson's son, Darren - all Premier League clubs who had sent players on loan to Preston instantly recalled them.

Ex referee Winter said "The FA is reticent to give Manchester United games to referees that Ferguson has criticised in the past”. He said this because he was criticised by Ferguson and subsequently not put in charge of a Man Utd game for the next two years.

After Alan Wiley refereed another unfavourable Man Utd result, Ferguson called him "fat and unfit". Wiley agreed to retire.

Mark Clattenberg was in charge of Man Utd's 6-1 thrashing to Man City, which Ferguson called the biggest embarrassment of his career. Since that day, Clattenberg hasn't been put in charge of a single Man Utd game - he's missed 34 games in a row.

Crazy theories or does Ferguson have more power than we're led to believe?

http://tinyurl.com/9e462x2

(I thought this was interesting and worth posting, I would usually laugh at things like this but this had some interesting points)

Fergiescum wrote the book on gamesmanship and influencing/intimidating refs. Nothing is new, he's been doing it for over 25 years. When he eventually retires Man Utd will be 10 points worse off each season.

fergietime.png

Â