Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Just finished that Leeds Utd Documentary about last season (and their inevitable implosion.)

Repeating what others have said that it's nowhere as near as good as the City one because Bielsa wouldn't allow the cameras in the dressing room. Also the commentary is written after the games and is very annoying.

Quick observation is that the owner and everyone associated with Leeds seem hysterical. When things start to go wrong they just exacerbate the problems by freaking out and acting like a bunch of girls. There's even a shot of one of the higher ups (a grown up man) crying in the tunnel after the Millwall game.

Finally the game with us is completely white washed and the details of what actually happened are basically lied about. Especially Bamford's dive and why the Villa players were so incensed with the Klisch (sp?) goal. Nice shot of Jesus shaking hands with Bielsa in the tunnel after the game though. Obvious mutual respect between the two.

I thought it as much better than the City one and as good as the Sunderland one.

City's just came across as a bit of a PR exercise to make them seem like a good club when everyone knows they're as vile as it gets. This one didn't really do that. A few big incidents in the season and even the owner was very unhappy with Bielsa about how he handled it, was quite refreshing. The players making fun of Jansson and Bamford after our game was pretty funny.

Not a fan of Leeds by any means, but my respect for them has gone up a bit after watching that.

On 17/08/2019 at 18:03, jim said:

Documentary just hit Amazon called Take is home about their promotion push last season. Should be interesting.

Another remake of Titanic.

• Haha 1

After five games last season Leeds were top of the table and their record was also four wins and one draw, as it happens Middlesbrough were in second place also with four wins and a draw, Bolton were third, so a lot can change. Should be a good game at the weekend against Swansea.

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Can you believe that Swansea are 5/1 to beat Leeds . 

BTTS is my banker pick for that game which I've thrown into an acca (with Villa to win, at a decent price, obviously!)

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

BTTS is my banker pick for that game which I've thrown into an acca (with Villa to win, at a decent price, obviously!)

Never, ever, ever bet on your own team. Its rule 1 in the football betting rule book.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Never, ever, ever bet on your own team. Its rule 1 in the football betting rule book.

I break that rule all the time. I bet on (and against) Villa loads.

Just now, Rob182 said:

I break that rule all the time. I bet on (and against) Villa loads.

I can see a small bit of logic betting against your own team, as its a little consolation if they lose.

I always avoid Villa if I'm having a punt.

Â