Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Confident they'll fall short again, everyone said they'd do really well and blow it at the end as per the usual format with Bielsa.

He isn't going to change so I'd imagine nor will the outcome.

What happened to all those Leeds fans we used to have visiting here, it's almost as if they only came because they thought they were superior or something............ :)

I remember some of them showing up and trying to give us advice of what it's like being a recently taken-over team in the Championship.

I mean, we experienced it in our first year in the Championship, so I had no idea why they were bothering.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That is going to open with 20 minutes of an incredible amount of smoke blown up their ass 

I turned the city one off and had to go back to it, this one will be worse 

Nothing will beat the Sunnerlun one for entertainment value though. 

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I remember some of them showing up and trying to give us advice of what it's like being a recently taken-over team in the Championship.

I mean, we experienced it in our first year in the Championship, so I had no idea why they were bothering.

Absolutely hilarious.

The Leeds fan in my office was exactly the same. Lecturing me about how they were doing things as if they were the cat's pyjamas. Was amazing when they went out of the playoffs.

I mentioned it in another thread, I took great pleasure in asking him if he'd checked the Championship fixtures on the day they got announced.

The only thing they're experts on is being stuck in the Championship

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely hilarious.

The Leeds fan in my office was exactly the same. Lecturing me about how they were doing things as if they were the cat's pyjamas. Was amazing when they went out of the playoffs.

I mentioned it in another thread, I took great pleasure in asking him if he'd checked the Championship fixtures on the day they got announced.

The only thing they're experts on is being stuck in the Championship

I was surprised to find that's only their 2nd playoff appearance too, they're not even good at being good in the Championship.

Finishes of 14th, 5th, 24th, (League 1, 5th, 4th, 2nd), 7th, 14th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th, 13th, 3rd.

They are pretty much the definition of a midtable Championship club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I can't wait to watch it. Just like the Sunderland one, it'll be hilarious. Sitting through the Bielsa wank-fest in the first few episodes will be even sweeter knowing what happens at the end :D

And the episode with our game in it will be interesting.

I'm sure they'll spin it to make Leeds and Bielsa look like **** saints

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Bielsa will walk by Christmas.

Last season was their chance, massive hangover this season I reckon.

Bielsa is the biggest myth in football. Hasn’t won anything outside Argentina and that was about 30 years ago

• Like 2

Problem with Newcastle, Leeds and some clubs is they're media favorites with clubs out there who have a good support and similar history if not richer. For example Sheffield Wednesday. Anyway, I think Leeds will be alright, they just have to take some pressure off. Although the league this season will be much tough than last one I guess.

9 hours ago, KHV said:

Bielsa is the biggest myth in football. Hasn’t won anything outside Argentina and that was about 30 years ago

Fair few of us were calling it earlier in the season too, but they didn't want to hear it. Left an absolute trail of destruction in his wake at Lille that nearly got them relegated, almost as soon as he's gone the rot stops and they're challenging for the league.

Still has an eye for a player to be fair, a good portion of that Lille team that are now being sold for big cash were brought in by him (El Ghazi if I remember rightly too, though he never used him) but like with Magath unless he's got a squad of utterly devoted, hyper-stamina players that buy into his punishing philosophies then it all falls apart once they hit the wall 3/4's through the campaign.

4 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Fair few of us were calling it earlier in the season too, but they didn't want to hear it. Left an absolute trail of destruction in his wake at Lille that nearly got them relegated, almost as soon as he's gone the rot stops and they're challenging for the league.

Still has an eye for a player to be fair, a good portion of that Lille team that are now being sold for big cash were brought in by him (El Ghazi if I remember rightly too, though he never used him) but like with Magath unless he's got a squad of utterly devoted, hyper-stamina players that buy into his punishing philosophies then it all falls apart once they hit the wall 3/4's through the campaign.

To be fair though that's the best Leeds have done in years. I think this will be his last year there. 

The quality of teams this year is lower than last so I can see Leeds being up there with stoke, cardiff, fulham and derby

7 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Fair few of us were calling it earlier in the season too

This still fills me with glee. A good portion of us were saying a good start followed ultimately by a crash and failure is textbook Bielsa.

And it panned out perfectly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KHV said:

Absolutely. 

Not even winning things, he's hardly improved or overacheived. He just seems to have this aura where there's the idea that he's better than he is. A bit like Leeds really 

55 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Absolutely. 

Not even winning things, he's hardly improved or overacheived. He just seems to have this aura where there's the idea that he's better than he is. A bit like Leeds really 

The failure of the 2002 Argentina team was a crime on football. One of the great international squads 

They even allowed him to continue 😂

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

One just doesn't fail to mention Hourihane's savage, vicious and unprovoked assault on klich

They will probably have the Villa team coming out onto the pitch dressed as Klingons.

Edited by TheStagMan

Â