Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Leeds fans are embarrassing, think they’ve bought into their own hype a little too much.

It's actually the opposite. They all know that they're not actually very good and it could come crushing down any second and that this is the best they might ever get. So they have to shout and make as much noise as possible to convince themselves they do actually belong. They're basically like little dogs yapping loudly at all the other dogs to try and compensate. 

Don't worry though, give it a little time and they'll all disappear back off to shouting about the Rhino's instead. 

We are an interesting comparison because of the Leeds hype, as our statistics are remarkably similar across the board when it comes to ‘great to watch’ and ‘exciting’. Villa first then Leeds:

Shots per game: 14, 14.1

Shots on target pg: 5.3, 5.4

Goals pg: 1.58, 1.65

Dribbles pg: 9.9, 8.4

Crosses pg: 21, 21

The only big difference is we are a little more direct with a similar number of long balls but fewer short passes. As Man City regularly show, short passes around the defence isn’t exactly exciting though.

One of the more entertaining aspects of Leeds is their running and pressing, they make significantly more tackles than us which isn’t a surprise. To what end though?

Points pg: 1.625, 1.346

Goals conceded pg: 1.08, 1.69

🤷‍♂️

What makes them interesting is how unpredictable they are, not that they’re playing some amazing 3rd realm football conceived by a footballing oracle. I like Bielsa’s system and I’d much prefer to watch it over Burnley in the same way we’re much easier on the eye than Burnley, I just can’t stand the romanticising of it.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

It's fine now when you caveat everything doing with "...a new promoted team". But next season, and the season after, when it's still the same old stuff I don't imagine we'll see as much praise - especially if money is being spent.

He's a bit different, but his record since coming to Europe shows he's just not very good. His time at Leeds is more the exception to the rule than anything else, and he'll revert to type.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Listened to a few Leeds poscasts this morning. Give Lad to Leeds one a listen 😂 - the levels of salt being radiated is hilarious. They hate us apparently we are the masters of cheating and the dark arts. The word cheating used about 50 times. Dean Smith is apparently the biggest shithouse manager ever. There was a bit of shithousery on Saturday I admit, but we on here complain we arent streetwise enough and need to implement some of it into our game. They go on like thats how we play all the time. Its a good laugh anyway, so many tears.

Had a listen to the Lads to Leeds one out of curiosity. Absolutely embarrassing. Aside from all the whinging about our apparent shithousery (which again sounds more to me that can't accept the fact that we managed to counter their style of play), the thing that made me laugh the most was them saying that the way Llorente acted "isn't Leeds". You're kidding, right? To echo the clip posted above, stones/glass houses comes to mind.

So lacking in self awareness.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Had a listen to the Lads to Leeds one out of curiosity. Absolutely embarrassing. Aside from all the whinging about our apparent shithousery (which again sounds more to me that can't accept the fact that we managed to counter their style of play), the thing that made me laugh the most was them saying that the way Llorente acted "isn't Leeds". You're kidding, right? To echo the clip posted above, stones/glass houses comes to mind.

So lacking in self awareness.

Someone suggested it's the "continental thing" on twitter, as if it's only the foreigners. The Kalvin Phillips dive is the worst one!

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Someone suggested it's the "continental thing" on twitter, as if it's only the foreigners. The Kalvin Phillips dive is the worst one!

Those famous Spanish and Argentinian names of Patrick Bamford and Luke Ayling doing the most of them :D 

• Like 1

All this talk of Leeds players being beyond ridiculous is pointless. They just don't get it. 

The only things that needs to be considered are:

Leeds United 0-1 Aston Villa. 

Also, 

The league table. 4 points ahead with 2 games in hand. They can throw as much salt, as much bitterness as they want and complain about us but the league table doesn't lie. 

I, also, think you could make a pretty strong argument that they were better than us last year despite being in a league below us. We were shite and they won the league at a canter. So much for Bielsa behind a master. Deano has achieved more in his time here than Bielsa in his time at Leeds! Fact

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Deano has achieved more in his time here than Bielsa in his time at Leeds! Fact

This is something oft ignored by Leeds fans. Whenever it's mentioned that we're above them, having games in hand, etc. the common retort is "We're newly promoted, we're doing better than you in your first season". As if it's somehow our fault they bottled promotion in Bielsa's first year and Deano didn't.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I, also, think you could make a pretty strong argument that they were better than us last year despite being in a league below us. We were shite and they won the league at a canter. So much for Bielsa behind a master. Deano has achieved more in his time here than Bielsa in his time at Leeds! Fact

But then isn't you being worse than a championship side directly Smiths fault? You also can't really compare how long promotion took, we had completely different start points and your championship squad was miles above almost anybody else in the league.

It's all a pointless comparison while both are currently in post and things are very much developing for both clubs.

22 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

But then isn't you being worse than a championship side directly Smiths fault? You also can't really compare how long promotion took, we had completely different start points and your championship squad was miles above almost anybody else in the league.

It's all a pointless comparison while both are currently in post and things are very much developing for both clubs.

not our Championship squad when Smith took over though. He took over a brilliant attack of Jack and Tammy who unsurprisingly werent as potent under Bruce but a woefully unbalanced defence with more right backs than centre backs and a goalkeeper who couldnt catch a cold

Leeds were 8 points ahead of us on the day Smith took over and from his 1st line up only Taylor, Nyland, Jack, Elmo and McGinn played Premier League the next season for us. We had 2 loan players, Hutton and a crippled Chester starting

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sound on...

The worst part of the Bamford one which I never quite picked up on before is he's literally the one who started the whole altercation by grabbing Anwar from behind trying to start shit. 

I'd be angry at the world too if I had to pretend that I like the snidey Patrick Bamford starting up front for us every week.

39 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

It was a direct results of years and years of poor management. We came up with 2, possibly 3 players good enough to play premier league football. No manager has built nearly an entire squad and kept it up in premier league history.

The players signed last season, are doing pretty well this year. With a couple, for me, deserved of an England call up. By all rights, we shouldn't have come up, by all rights we shouldn't have stayed up. 

You can try and butter it up anyway you'd like, Smith has achieved more here than Bielsa at your club. That's a fact.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It was a direct results of years and years of poor management. We came up with 2, possibly 3 players good enough to play premier league football. No manager has built nearly an entire squad and kept it up in premier league history.

The players signed last season, are doing pretty well this year. With a couple, for me, deserved of an England call up. By all rights, we shouldn't have come up, by all rights we shouldn't have stayed up. 

You can try and butter it up anyway you'd like, Smith has achieved more here than Bielsa at your club. That's a fact.

It's a long tedious argument that I can't be that bothered to go into but I'll say this.

2-3 players 'good enough. We had 0. Were still using almost that entire 11 for all our games.

I don't care for point scoring and jabs and I won't turn this into a pissing contest because that just gets embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â