Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Just re: Grealish, I don't think he dives much (when was he last penalised for it, not counting the charlatan Kevin Friend?) and the vast majority of the many, many fouls on him are legitimate free kicks, but he absolutely acts like every foul has nearly killed him, and he tends to act like it's an outrage he didn't get a free kick on the (fairly rare) occasions he just loses possession or gets bullied out of it, and he and a rotating squad of our other players will strategically harangue the ref demanding players get yellow or red cards

I mean I can understand why, because he gets fouled insanely often and referees often tolerate the opposition's designated shit-kicker fouling him 6-7 times in a game before giving a now-irrelevant yellow with ten to go, but there's no point hallucinating that he's an angel

I sort of feel like it might be nice for Villa and Leeds fans that they don't have to play each other for a bit now, a lot of energy being expended on the same ol' recriminations

Edited by Annoyman
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

what a prick, I saw this at time and surprised nobody mentioned it. I think this is systematic diving coached by the manager

It absolutely is. No idea why he's let off the hook. It's his team, just like it's Deano who's made us a bit snide.

44 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I thought both Llorente and Targett acted embarrassing.

How so for Targett?

I mean, I can see how you might think he could have been sent off from a Leeds perspective, but I can't see any play acting - he went down holding his calf when Roberts kicked him on his calf, but I think that's because Roberts kicked him on his calf.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

How so for Targett?

I mean, I can see how you might think he could have been sent off from a Leeds perspective, but I can't see any play acting - he went down holding his calf when Roberts kicked him on his calf, but I think that's because Roberts kicked him on his calf.

Yeah he probably should have been sent off for the tackle on Raphinha, but that's the referee's fault. Him going down after he had his legs swept from under him by a kick on the calf is just uh physics? The Leeds fans are really reaching on that one. Looking for a glimmer of hope and parity after the shameful showing from more than one of their players.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah he probably should have been sent off for the tackle on Raphinha, but that's the referee's fault. Him going down after he had his legs swept from under him by a kick on the calf is just uh physics? The Leeds fans are really reaching on that one. Looking for a glimmer of hope and parity after the shameful showing from more than one of their players.

They're insane. Don't blame them though.

Having to pretend they like Bamford after five years of hating him like everyone else is tough stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

It wasn't a kick though was it? It was a trip, and obviously not enough to get him doing a Llorente impression on the floor. 

I just watched the footage back, he literally kicks out his leg onto his calf from behind which sweeps his legs from under him.

It also absolutely was not a Llorente impression ffs. He held his calf in 1 stationary position for about 5 seconds then got up and took his yellow card whereas Llorente did 3 different rolls and held his face like he did his ACL. Hope you guys stretch before you say these things so you don't pull a muscle with this reaches.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Rino8 said:

It wasn't a kick though was it? It was a trip, and obviously not enough to get him doing a Llorente impression on the floor. 

It was definitely a kick, he span round throwing and arm and a kick at Targett in frustration as Targett was holding him to prevent a quick free kick.

He went down, he got up, nobody surrounded the referee, it was all a bit of a nothing. It was made something because Hinchcliffe on commentary didn't notice the kick and assumed that Targett had gone down as a way to pretend that the swing of the arm had caught him. Without the commentary I don't think anyone makes a fuss. 

In fairness, if Roberts had actually kicked Hinchcliffe I'm not sure he'd have noticed it, he seems particularly immune to the actual things that are happening around him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I just watched the footage back, he literally kicks out his leg onto his calf from behind which sweeps his legs from under him.

It also absolutely was not a Llorente impression ffs. He held his calf in 1 stationary position for about 5 seconds then got up and took his yellow card whereas Llorente did 3 different rolls and held his face like he did his ACL. Hope you guys stretch before you say these things so you don't pull a muscle with this reaches.

I dunno, we've some different interpretations of kicks. He's tripped him. It's a classic foot around their leg and push them back that you'd do at school. He makes the most of it, but he also deserved more than that for the grabbing that your players keep doing.

10 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I dunno, we've some different interpretations of kicks. He's tripped him. It's a classic foot around their leg and push them back that you'd do at school. He makes the most of it, but he also deserved more than that for the grabbing that your players keep doing.

For me it's one that ultimately the ref has got right, Targett deserved the booking for holding onto Roberts and I think a booking is right for Robert's retaliation. I think Mike Dean would have sent Roberts off, but that's why Mike Dean is what we all think he is.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's the athleticism and nimbleness at which he gets up that I love about that clip. From potential amputee to on his feet in 1 second. Impressive.

Its like he has had a good mentor. "so Pepe your saying 2 rolls isnt enough"

Diego Llorente: Things to Know About the New Leeds United Signing

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

It was a petulant little kick out and Targett (shamefully) made the most of it.

Pretty much the same thing Alioski did when Pepe "headbutted" him - which, if I remember correctly, you were basically praising him for on here saying things such as "well if he doesn't react, the player doesn't get sent off".  Funny how that narrative doesn't appear to fit in this particular circumstance, eh?!

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It was a petulant little kick out and Targett (shamefully) made the most of it.

Pretty much the same thing Alioski did when Pepe "headbutted" him - which, if I remember correctly, you were basically praising him for on here saying things such as "well if he doesn't react, the player doesn't get sent off".  Funny how that narrative doesn't appear to fit in this particular circumstance, eh?!

Nah my point was never about the reaction, my point was people saying only we did it. Llorente's was more ridiculous but they're in the same spirit of making the most out of nothing.

I don't really care about the whole rolling and screaming in football, at this point its just the game.

8 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Nah my point was never about the reaction, my point was people saying only we did it. Llorente's was more ridiculous but they're in the same spirit of making the most out of nothing.

I don't really care about the whole rolling and screaming in football, at this point its just the game.

I don’t think “only” you do it, I think you’re worse than every other team for the diving and the theatrics, though.

I think the latter part is grim, personally. We have whole measures put in place for head injuries and a real concern with people suffering from concussion. Hernandez went down clutching his head as if he’d been shot, as soon as the ref stops play to deal with the “head injury” he jumps straight up and starts moaning. Prick.

He’s playing on that vulnerability to try and get someone sent off. That isn’t “the game”. 

Edited by bobzy

Listened to a few Leeds poscasts this morning. Give Lad to Leeds one a listen 😂 - the levels of salt being radiated is hilarious. They hate us apparently we are the masters of cheating and the dark arts. The word cheating used about 50 times. Dean Smith is apparently the biggest shithouse manager ever. There was a bit of shithousery on Saturday I admit, but we on here complain we arent streetwise enough and need to implement some of it into our game. They go on like thats how we play all the time. Its a good laugh anyway, so many tears.

Â