Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

I do like how they play although it doesn't help when the media keeps wanking over Leeds and Bielsa( a bit like the love in for Newcastle back in the late 90s but really just an entertaining team with not much substance)

They are entertaining, not because they're particularly good but because their games are so chaotic. The best compliment I can pay them is that I fell asleep watching Newcastle Vs Wolves last night, but I'd never miss a moment of a Leeds game.

Even this game, where we only had 30% of the ball, was end to end football. It's fun to watch, but very often for all the wrong reasons.

Anyone else notice Bielsa having fun and japes with Emi? Yes I know they are fellow countrymen but you could see the desire in Bielsa's eyes, he wanted Emi, with a burning desire, but knows he could never have him. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woody153 said:

Found out that the drainage system has given up & is going to be totally replaced in the summer, along with the pitch.

You need a new fork?

Edited by Nigel

11 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I mean, Targett essentially did the same thing.

Shocking ref tonight, it should have been 10v10 long before the final whistle.

Disagree, maybe I'm a bit blinkered because we won but I actually thought the ref was decent yesterday. Tried to let the game flow, was fair to both sides, booked players for petulance/dissent, and yeah if Mike Dean reffed that game it would've ended 10v10 but I don't think it was a game that warranted ending 10v10. Or maybe it just felt like the ref was decent because VAR wasn't the centre of attention for a change.

• Like 3

I disagree on Targett, the reason he went down wasn't from a push but a leg sweep.

It was actually a decent technique if you were in a physical confrontation but really not warranted on a football pitch. Pretty nasty from their player in my opinion and totally uncalled for.

18 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Disagree, maybe I'm a bit blinkered because we won but I actually thought the ref was decent yesterday. Tried to let the game flow, was fair to both sides, booked players for petulance/dissent, and yeah if Mike Dean reffed that game it would've ended 10v10 but I don't think it was a game that warranted ending 10v10. Or maybe it just felt like the ref was decent because VAR wasn't the centre of attention for a change.

I thought ref was ok, i dont even remember his name. Mason or Dean would have booked both Watkins and Llorente he just gave a warning 

With that pitch its also not easy to read whats a foul as people slipping everywhere 

1 hour ago, Delphouneso said:

Nah, Targett raked Raphs ankle with his studs on a booking. That's off with any competent ref, same for Klich fouling Mcginn for the 30th time.

Edited by Rino8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

The worst thing for me is the play acting to try and get people booked or sent off. Even when Grealish goes to ground he doesn't flop around like a fish out of water pretending to be on death's door and, as many have said, he is genuinely fouled most of the time anyway.

In terms of the match last night, I can understand why some Leeds fans would be miffed that Targett wasn't sent off as he did commit a few fouls that some refs would have given a yellow for.

If anything though, I think the play acting of some of the Leeds players probably kept Targett on the pitch.

Boy who cried wolf syndrome.

A lot of truth in that. For me, players are given yellow cards for next to nothing these days and refs are completely inconsistent as to what situations they produce a card. First few minutes of the game rarely results in a any cards. Yet final minutes always do for the same situations. That’s ridiculous in itself. 

In another game Targett may well have picked up a second yellow but so would Klich who looked like a walking red card all game. His shove on McGinn in the corner could easily have been a second yellow.

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Leeds should try to arrange an alternative venue until this is sorted, if for no other reason than it's hindering their own style of play.

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

You need a new fork?

Leeds had been out of the big money for so long, the ground is dropping to bits.

So the drainage system collapsing doesn't surprise me.

Looks like we're staying up so they'll live with the pitch for this season.

The whole ground needs work on it. They have plans to knock the old west stand down & build new to get capacity up.

But the newest stand was built on the cheap in 1992-3, even after getting a 7.5m grant. Most fans don't know that they used the terracing from the old lowfields east side, so the seats are on that at the front. The obvious result being the seat rows are so close the leg room is terrible.

There is a thread on waccoe about ground improvements but I'm of the feeling they should 'do a spurs', ie: knock it all down & re-build a new stadium on the same plot :)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, woody153 said:
2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Leeds had been out of the big money for so long, the ground is dropping to bits.

To be fair it was dropping to bits even the last time Leeds were in the top division. They built that big new stand, but the rest of it was still a crumbling concrete relic. What it does have going for it is decent acoustics, but it’s a tired ground and bluntly, pretty ugly both inside and out. I guess for Leeds fans it’s home, but you’d think if they prosper it will get 3 sides developed, one by one. Wasn’t there an issue with the trading pitches next to the ground and who owns them, or is that all sorted now?

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The worst thing for me is the play acting to try and get people booked or sent off. Even when Grealish goes to ground he doesn't flop around like a fish out of water pretending to be on death's door and, as many have said, he is genuinely fouled most of the time anyway.

In terms of the match last night, I can understand why some Leeds fans would be miffed that Targett wasn't sent off as he did commit a few fouls that some refs would have given a yellow for.

If anything though, I think the play acting of some of the Leeds players probably kept Targett on the pitch.

Boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Yep.

That team is an embarrassment to Bielsa. Cheats.

Unless you count spying on all your opponents as cheating. Then they're a decent reflection I suppose.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Thought all our injuries in midfield showed today, it would have been a bit better without the early goal but we don't have the quality with Rodrigo and Phillips out to break teams down. Their were times when one side of the pitch would get really over crowded and Struijk just doesn't have it in him to pass like Phillips does so we'd try intricate through balls constantly and it never really worked.

Plus Tyler Roberts is really shit.

As soon as I saw Phillips was out I felt we had a much better chance. And I agree with your assessment about Tyler Roberts, he's a Championship player.

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

And I agree with your assessment about Tyler Roberts, he's a Championship player.

He was the one who caused the whole fracas at Eland Rd ....real shame such a fair minded soul cant hack it in this league!

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

what a prick, I saw this at time and surprised nobody mentioned it. I think this is systematic diving coached by the manager

I have always disliked Bamford as a footballer even since his younger days at Chelsea and Boro. I put it down as an irrational hatred, but the last 2-3 seasons he has really cemented that feeling in my mind.

It is embarrassing behaviour, and what makes it worse are all the Leeds fans online who constantly bang the drum about us being cheats. They are the worst culprits that I can think of in the league.

Â