Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Globally in 2020, transfers took a dive according to https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/transfers-plunge-globally-but-premier-league-defies-pandemic-in-2-billion-blitz/news-story/39a70614dac0d9fddcf38576c7790300

The most interesting bit?

Unsurprisingly, English clubs spent by far the most, with transfer fees totalling some $US1.63 ($A2.1bn) billion, followed by Italian clubs who spent a combined $US731.5 million ($A950m) on international moves. Spanish clubs received the most, the report said, with $US785.7 million ($A1000).

Without giving a specific figure, FIFA said that Chelsea spent the most of any club in Europe ahead of Manchester United and Manchester City, followed by Barcelona, Juventus and Leeds United.

I hadn't realised how much they have spent on their players.

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Globally in 2020, transfers took a dive according to https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/transfers-plunge-globally-but-premier-league-defies-pandemic-in-2-billion-blitz/news-story/39a70614dac0d9fddcf38576c7790300

The most interesting bit?

I hadn't realised how much they have spent on their players.

Good job they've got the best manager in the world ever or else they might get some kind of criticism in the press for spending so much money.   I know the press are reluctant to make such accusations though. 

I wonder how much they've spent compared to us if you take away the money spent on making loan signings permanent and replacing released/returned first team starters?

Edited by sidcow

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Good job they've got the best manager in the world ever or else they might get some kind of criticism in the press for spending so much money.   I know the press are reluctant to make such accusations though. 

I wonder how much they've spent compared to us if you take away the money spent on making loan signings permanent and replacing released/returned first team starters?

They spent about £100m in fees plus loan fee for Harrison. They recouped nothing... 

Â