Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

He does it because it clarifies what he already knows. I dont know how to word it tbh.

Might've saved himself some time if he'd said just that.

It will be banned soon I'd imagine for the reason I mentioned. Wonder if he'll be able to cope.

Brilliant manager, jealous. No surprise we're such different propositions after you had him and we had Bruce going into the season.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

To be fair, I would love if we put this much effort into our analysis of games and players. And quite frankly, this is what I had assumed happened at some of the top clubs all of the time (maybe I'm wrong) but glad to see a manager who wants nothing else but to win and will do everything in his power to achieve that. I know he is unpredictable but you can't say he's not entertaining. Will be interesting to see how the EFL react now, I think they are open for criticism no matter what they do.

see this is what winds me up - same as those cooing over pep from the city documentary (not saying he's not a brilliant manager) saying 'why dont we do this?'

none of us on here (to the best of my knowledge) have ANY idea of the preparation smith (and previously bruce) go into for our games...absolutely zero idea whatsoever. so one manager makes some fancy powerpoint presentation and another allows himself to be filmed for a documentary and suddenly they're amazing and we should be putting in more effort

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

see this is what winds me up - same as those cooing over pep from the city documentary (not saying he's not a brilliant manager) saying 'why dont we do this?'

none of us on here (to the best of my knowledge) have ANY idea of the preparation smith (and previously bruce) go into for our games...absolutely zero idea whatsoever. so one manager makes some fancy powerpoint presentation and another allows himself to be filmed for a documentary and suddenly they're amazing and we should be putting in more effort

I guarantee Bruce did nothing like that. The most insight he gave on an opponent was that Forestieri was a dangerman when he was suspended

• Like 2

If someone's been stopped with pliers and binoculars pointing through the fences at Derby I'd be pretty pissed if I was Lamps too. In American sports you'd get severely punished if you sneaked into a closed training, especially illegally using tools to get through barriers, and got caught.

My guess is that it'll just enhance Bielsa's reputation. Though I'm not sure if it'll keep him mentally stable if he's stopped from doing it from now on. Leeds better start prescribing anti-anxiety medication asap, because from now on in all EFL clubs will be on the lookout for anyone from Leeds. Alernatively you let the Leeds guys in and do the opposite to what you're going to do in the game - counter spy tactics at its best. 🧐

If Leeds' goals and conceded goals from set-pieces suddenly increase we'll know the reason. I knew Pontus Jansson was too much of an oaf to be this good all on his own. 🤣

17 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If someone's been stopped with pliers and binoculars pointing through the fences at Derby I'd be pretty pissed if I was Lamps too. In American sports you'd get severely punished if you sneaked into a closed training, especially illegally using tools to get through barriers, and got caught.

My guess is that it'll just enhance Bielsa's reputation. Though I'm not sure if it'll keep him mentally stable if he's stopped from doing it from now on. Leeds better start prescribing anti-anxiety medication asap, because from now on in all EFL clubs will be on the lookout for anyone from Leeds. Alernatively you let the Leeds guys in and do the opposite to what you're going to do in the game - counter spy tactics at its best. 🧐

If Leeds' goals and conceded goals from set-pieces suddenly increase we'll know the reason. I knew Pontus Jansson was too much of an oaf to be this good all on his own. 🤣

There were no pliers, ladders or binoculars, this was reported by i think one newspaper and everyone else just ran with it.

No property damage, no trespassing, no police on the training ground (according to the police). Training was interrupted for a few minutes then went on again according to Carson.

Fat Frank made a fuss, made untrue allegations, got schooled in public.

Yes analysis is normal now but Bielsa is legendary for his attention to detail, no manager will admit it publicly but id be amazed if they go to such lengths as Bielsa does, people travel thousands of miles to watch what we saw yesterday, not your average manager either, multiple title winning managers like Conte have been spotted at one of Bielsas talks.

Personally id like Bielsa to invite every Championship manager to watch us before the game, just to shut them all up. :clap:

42 minutes ago, Cjay said:

There were no pliers, ladders or binoculars, this was reported by i think one newspaper and everyone else just ran with it.

No property damage, no trespassing, no police on the training ground (according to the police). Training was interrupted for a few minutes then went on again according to Carson.

Fat Frank made a fuss, made untrue allegations, got schooled in public.

Yes analysis is normal now but Bielsa is legendary for his attention to detail, no manager will admit it publicly but id be amazed if they go to such lengths as Bielsa does, people travel thousands of miles to watch what we saw yesterday, not your average manager either, multiple title winning managers like Conte have been spotted at one of Bielsas talks.

Personally id like Bielsa to invite every Championship manager to watch us before the game, just to shut them all up. :clap:

Before Leeds even hired Bielsa, Guardiola was on record as saying that he's the best coach in the world.  Even if that's slightly hyperbolic, it shows the esteem he is held in by arguably the best coach.  People should just learn what they can from him and move on from this now.  You've got a world class coach.  Most people knew that.  But now you've got a stone cold f**king leg-end :)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tim Vickery on the radio is still expecting a Leeds collapse at some stage due to  the intense training 

That's what we're all hoping for, obviously (although I'd still like to see Leeds back in the Premier League).  But I also wouldn't be surprised if it never happened.  It's not like collapsing in a top flight league, where there's quality ready to pounce.  They beat 5th placed Derby the other day at an absolutely embarrassing canter.  I think somehow they'll be OK.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's what we're all hoping for, obviously (although I'd still like to see Leeds back in the Premier League).  But I also wouldn't be surprised if it never happened.  It's not like collapsing in a top flight league, where there's quality ready to pounce.  They beat 5th placed Derby the other day at an absolutely embarrassing canter.  I think somehow they'll be OK.

Yeah but a 46 game season is a lot that if they dont collapse I would be even more suspicious 🤔

Bielsa only league titles were in 19 game seasons and Bilbao and Marseille collapsed shortly after this time. Remember Bilbao battered United around February and collapsed soon after

The Bielsa spying thing is a disgrace. By Thursday the players more or less know who is in the team for Saturday. Thursday is then spent with the first team against subs, etc. practicing positioning, tactics, etc. Now considering the manager doesn't get the team sheet normally until an hour before kick-off, I would say that's a pretty big advantage. Imagine spying on the Villa a day or so before the Leeds game and seeing that Axel is not on the field. Now it's a huge advantage. None of us knew Axel was injured, what if Bielsa did?

Friday is spent with a walk through of set pieces, defending corners, etc. Again, another huge advantage if you know exactly how Villa re going to line up, and where the ball is expected to be delivered, for attacking and defending corners. Don't underestimate what a huge advantage it is to see all of this prior to setting out your team. If you know exactly how the opposition will be set up you can plan against it. Otherwise, you are at best guessing that its one of many options. 

This is wrong, Leeds should be fined and have points reduced as it brings the game in to disrepute. There's a reason why there is a fence, tees and bushes around BMH. 

4 hours ago, Cjay said:

Not that I'm particularly bothered by the spying thing, I don't think it's a massive deal, but the above really isn't the same thing.

13 hours ago, BOF said:

Me too. They hold a soft spot for most Aussie's thanks to Kewell and Viduka.

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Me too. They hold a soft spot for most Aussie's thanks to Kewell and Viduka.

I also think people forget, or don't know, just how big the Leeds - ManUtd rivalry is.  As soon as Leeds go up, they'll be their biggest derby behind Liverpool.  Obviously not from a sporting (league position) point of view.  But the fans in the terraces (read - comfy seats) absolutely hate each other.  It's a cracking derby and the Premier League badly misses it :) 

• Like 1

I dont get the weird nostalgic obsession of fans wanting Leeds back in the top flight as if they have always been regulars. Spent e.g. most of 80s and since 2004 out of top flight. 

Teams like Bolton, Blackburn have lot more top flight seasons and you never hear fans wanting them back in top flight

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont get the weird nostalgic obsession of fans wanting Leeds back in the top flight as if they have always been regulars. Spent e.g. most of 80s and since 2004 out of top flight. 

Teams like Bolton, Blackburn have lot more top flight seasons and you never hear fans wanting them back in top flight

I can only speak for myself, but for me Leeds are a much bigger and more relevant club than Bolton or Blackburn have been during my life time.  No-one cares about Bolton outside of Bolton.  And even with a relatively recent league title, Blackburn are a 'meh' club.  Leeds have a spirit.

• Like 1

First up, Guardiola was asked about the big story of the week after one of his managerial idols, Marcelo Bielsa, who coaches Leeds, admitted to spying on opponents. Does it affect Pep’s admiration for ‘El Loco’?

“My respect remains the same, absolutely the same,” Pep said of Bielsa. “I admired what he has done in the past, why should I change my opinion? I know him, I would not say perfectly, but a little bit. I understand Frank Lampard too, both sides are understandable.

“Barcelona was a bunker, it was impossible to see. The story is true. I saw the highlights, I didn’t see the whole press conference and no manager around the world works with the amount of information he produces for every single game and players. It is unique. What I learned from what he said is that football belongs to the players. The players make the difference.” 

No its not Pep, they all do it apparently, how silly of you. 

Glad Pep spoke up for Bielsa, means a lot more coming from him then criticism from ex players and lower league managers. 

Â