Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

21 hours ago, bobzy said:

I can see the difference, there’s just nothing to it. As I said, a load of fuss about nothing. Shrug. 

Well you seemed to be directly comparing them earlier.

It might be a fuss about nothing, but there's a clear difference between scouting opponents' games and spying on stuff that's specifically being kept behind closed doors.

• Like 2

Will Frank Lampard be handing back his 04/05 and 05/06 title medals?

Or his 05/06 FA Cup Medal? Or his 2 League cup medals from the same period? 

Or the many many individual awards he got during Joses first spell at Chelsea.

I only ask because its common knowledge that AVB used to sneak around spying on opposition training sessions and report back to Jose.

Frank cant claim not to know this, even if you believe a senior player like Lampard wasnt told, it was in the national papers at the time.

Ferguson had a helicopter fly over the City training ground before the Manchester derby. 

Its interesting that players at the top of the tree with titles and things are totally unbothered, Carragher, Neville, Linekar, Gazza etc, largely its the nearly men who are outraged.

Football is a shady business and clubs find out information in so many different ways.

Its hypocritical of Lampard who benifited from the same thing and the press who as Neville pointed out go to extreme lengths to get information, no room for them to criticise Bielsa. 

Should he have done it, probably not, is it totally unheard of in this country, no, 2 of the most successful managers in world football history both did it in this country.

Faux outrage by hypocritical media.

Fair play to those who called it out for what it was, including fans and players from both Manchester Clubs which was a shock.

We've got Jermaine Jenas giving Bielsa stick and questioning his coaching ability. 

Thats like the bloke who operates the deep fat fryer down your local chippy giving Gordon Ramsey a hard time. 

Ridiculous 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

We've got Jermaine Jenas giving Bielsa stick and questioning his coaching ability. 

Thats like the bloke who operates the deep fat fryer down your local chippy giving Gordon Ramsey a hard time. 

Ridiculous 

Yeah but in fairness, Gordon Ramsey is a bit of a dick.

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Will Frank Lampard be handing back his 04/05 and 05/06 title medals?

Or his 05/06 FA Cup Medal? Or his 2 League cup medals from the same period? 

Or the many many individual awards he got during Joses first spell at Chelsea.

I only ask because its common knowledge that AVB used to sneak around spying on opposition training sessions and report back to Jose.

Frank cant claim not to know this, even if you believe a senior player like Lampard wasnt told, it was in the national papers at the time.

Ferguson had a helicopter fly over the City training ground before the Manchester derby. 

Its interesting that players at the top of the tree with titles and things are totally unbothered, Carragher, Neville, Linekar, Gazza etc, largely its the nearly men who are outraged.

Football is a shady business and clubs find out information in so many different ways.

Its hypocritical of Lampard who benifited from the same thing and the press who as Neville pointed out go to extreme lengths to get information, no room for them to criticise Bielsa. 

Should he have done it, probably not, is it totally unheard of in this country, no, 2 of the most successful managers in world football history both did it in this country.

Faux outrage by hypocritical media.

Fair play to those who called it out for what it was, including fans and players from both Manchester Clubs which was a shock.

Leeds fans are still mega words removed though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I must admit, I fail to see much of a big deal about it. Yes, it shouldn’t be done, and if you get caught you must take it on the chin. Bit OTT from some people though. 

This is where I am and I hate Leeds. People asking for them to be hit with a points deduction is ridiculous. 

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

So mate what did Bielsa order? 

Safe bet is he ordered something from the Barbeque.

He's crazy about meat.

On another note Leeds are linked with a couple of keepers in the papers, among others Real Madrid reserve Kiko Casilla and Fraser Foster from Southampton 

41 minutes ago, sne said:

Safe bet is he ordered something from the Barbeque.

He's crazy about meat.

On another note Leeds are linked with a couple of keepers in the papers, among others Real Madrid reserve Kiko Casilla and Fraser Foster from Southampton 

If that's the case I might have join Leeds forum to warn them about FFP

• Like 1

I don't actually mind Leeds, saw an interesting stat that the vast majority of their games have featured an academy player , something like 4508 games in their history and fielded an academy player 4504 times . 

They are now where I would like us to be. 

10 hours ago, sne said:

Casilla is apparently available on a free.

No idea about Foster.

Not sure how much he would cost but Hasenhüttl has reported told Foster he can leave, so he probably wouldn't command a big fee. 

Edited by Hornso
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Not sure how much he would cost but Hasenhüttl has reported told Foster he can leave, so he probably wouldn't command a big fee. 

maybe but he is probably on about 80-100k a week, signed a 5 year contract just 18 months ago

• Like 1

i see they're being formally investigated by EFL for spygate...imagine a smack on the wrists and a token fine would be sufficient

i'm more amazed that their keeper hasnt been banned for a game or 3 for that disgraceful kick he put in...that was violent conduct for me

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i see they're being formally investigated by EFL for spygate...imagine a smack on the wrists and a token fine would be sufficient

Given that it breaks no explicit rule, the FA will do well to charge them with anything other than a generic interpretation of bringing the game into disrepute.  A slap on the wrist seems most likely.  Oh and a brand new rule about not spying on opponents :)

Â