Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why?!

I’m failing to see anything wrong with it. Are we going to ban opposition clubs/managers from going to the match of a team before they play them?

It’s a ridiculous fuss over nothing. 

Because how a team plays one game might be different to how they’re going to set up against another. Trying out particular set plays, does a particular player look like they’ve picked up a knock. God knows. Take your pick. 

Training ground stuff is treated as being fairly private, private enough that Bielsa feels the need to send a spy over to see what they’re up to. Why do you think they’re treated privately? If it was nothing to fuss over at all, why have the football league bothered to issue a statement saying they’re aware of the situation even without Derby making a complaint? Seems a little bit strange when there’s perceived to be no wrong doing.

How about having the pre match team talk streamed into the Leeds changing room while we’re at it?

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Because how a team plays one game might be different to how they’re going to set up against another. Trying out particular set plays, does a particular player look like they’ve picked up a knock. God knows. Take your pick. 

Training ground stuff is treated as being fairly private, private enough that Bielsa feels the need to send a spy over to see what they’re up to. Why do you think they’re treated privately? If it was nothing to fuss over at all, why have the football league bothered to issue a statement saying they’re aware of the situation even without Derby making a complaint? Seems a little bit strange when there’s perceived to be no wrong doing.

How about having the pre match team talk streamed into the Leeds changing room while we’re at it?

Don’t even get me started on those scouts who analyse players, looking for their strengths and weaknesses. Right does my head in, it does. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Don’t even get me started on those scouts who analyse players, looking for their strengths and weaknesses. Right does my head in, it does. 

Yes exactly the same. Attending a public football match, totally the same as skulking about in the bushes of another club’s training ground on the day you’re due to play that team.

Completely the same.

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yes exactly the same. Attending a public football match, totally the same as skulking about in the bushes of another club’s training ground on the day you’re due to play that team.

Completely the same.

They were skulking about in the bushes, were they? 👀

Just now, bobzy said:

They were skulking about in the bushes, were they? 👀

Well whatever they were doing, the police were interested.

Be interesting to know how many scouts attending games to watch players as per your example, have ended up speaking to the police because of their attendance.

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Well whatever they were doing, the police were interested.

Be interesting to know how many scouts attending games to watch players as per your example, have ended up speaking to the police because of their attendance.

I do wonder what offence he committed, to be fair. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I do wonder what offence he committed, to be fair. 

Well they’ve said he was caught at the perimeter fence of the complex. I don’t know the laws on this sort of thing, if he’s there with binoculars I guess there’s some privacy law that forbids such a thing, I don’t know. Maybe Leeds own the land the other side of the fence and it was trespassing. Again, complete guesswork.

It sounds like Lampard had to halt the training session which I can’t imagine many managers would want to do, so at the very least it could be considered some form of gamesmanship.

I'm not massively bothered by the spy thing, it's wrong, butI guess it happens. There will be some sort of punishment (especially if the story of the police catching him trying to cut through a fence is true).

The keeper thing was nasty, I would hope there will be some action. Keepers seem to be allowed to do this thing where they jump with a knee of a foot in front of them as a threat and it's okay - it's one of those odd habits in the game that we need to change - if that's two outfield players going for a head and one has their leg pointed at the other ones head when he jumps it's red - keepers seem able to get away with it.

• Like 1

There will be three types when it comes to the Leeds issue.

1. There is no issue with this and people are making a big deal out of nothing (mainly Leeds fans)
  2. The media who will try to blow it up as a scandal (Sky sports)
  3. Then the reasonable people who land somewhere in the middle. 

I'd like to think most are in the third group, I know I am. Is it wrong? Yes. Should it be punished? Yes. I think the idea that there is no wrongdoing when spying on a team's private training session is ridiculous. In the run up to a big game, a team like Derby will be working on set pieces both attacking and defending. How and where to press the ball. Specific measures for danger players. If you have that information ahead of time you are at a huge advantage. This information is much more important than the starting 11 or formation. 

What I am more interested in is have Leeds been doing this all year? And what becomes very difficult is if they have and the FA conclude that it is against the rules, how will they punish it? I can see the FA filing this is the 'too difficult to deal with' pile and giving Leeds a slap on the wrist and hoping no one brings it up again. 

• Like 4

There should be no punishment from the football authorities, however trespassing is a civil offence and that's up to authorities to deal with. 

In my opinion it's wordremovedish and totally goes against the fun of football. Football is sport and not life and death, Bielsa obviously isn't a tactical genius, he's a sneaky ghet. A bit like the QPR on field antics against us, it's something that I very much hope is below anyone at Villa. 

Funny how this sort of thing seems to suit Leeds though isn't it? 

I’m not really that bothered about it either way, but I’m struggling to see how people can’t see that spying on something going on behind closed doors is different than scouting players and analysing matches. 

• Like 4

Â