Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

On 8/30/2017 at 11:44, sne said:

Signing Malmö FF striker Pawel Cibicki according to Swedish papers and various forums.

Ex Sweden U-21 attacker. 23 y.o.

Very cocky, good on his day, but no where as good as he thinks he is.

For £1-1.5m it could turn out a good signing if he takes the next step.

Or it could be another Marcus Antonsson.

Cheap gamble. 

They seem to be pretty good at these 'cheap gambles' at the moment, i.e. Alioski for £2.3m and Saiz £3m. I wish some of ours worked out like they have so far.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Have signed 21 y.o Japanese midfielder Yosuke Ideguchu for £5oo k from Gamba Osaka

Will be a loan initially as he doesn't get a work permit yet.

8 caps and 2 goals for Japan, considered to be one of their biggest talents.

Cheap gamble, could turn out to be a great signing if he develops.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 14:30, Nath182 said:

They seem to be pretty good at these 'cheap gambles' at the moment, i.e. Alioski for £2.3m and Saiz £3m. I wish some of ours worked out like they have so far.

Seems they are after Cyle Larin (Orlando City) and Jodi Jones (Coventry) as well for Jan! both of them will be good buys if there is any truth in it.

Edited by Villan4Life

On 31/08/2017 at 14:30, Nath182 said:

I know right, if they had we'd be above them in the leag......oh wait, we are above them in the league.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I know right, if they had we'd be above them in the leag......oh wait, we are above them in the league.

Yeah I'm not debating that, just I prefer their transfer policy to ours. The resale values of the majority of their signings will have increased, can we say the same for ours? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

Yeah I'm not debating that, just I prefer their transfer policy to ours. The resale values of the majority of their signings will have increased, can we say the same for ours? 

Kodjia, I would imagine would go for more than we paid, provided he comes back from injury to the same level he's at now, struggling to think of others admittedly.....maybe Chester, although I wouldn't say he's necessarily enhanced his wider reputation through his time with us specifically.

Hourihane would probably go for more.

Davis, if he continues to progress.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

On 12/14/2017 at 13:53, sne said:

Have signed 21 y.o Japanese midfielder Yosuke Ideguchu for £5oo k from Gamba Osaka

Will be a loan initially as he doesn't get a work permit yet.

8 caps and 2 goals for Japan, considered to be one of their biggest talents.

Cheap gamble, could turn out to be a great signing if he develops.

They've got some terrific young players. Vieria looks a real player and Kun Temenuzhkov (in their youth team) is a great talent.

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Kodjia, I would imagine would go for more than we paid, provided he comes back from injury to the same level he's at now, struggling to think of others admittedly.....maybe Chester, although I wouldn't say he's necessarily enhanced his wider reputation through his time with us specifically.

Very unlikely.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Kodjia, no chance due to his age. Obviously not over the hill but there's not a massive number of years left in him so would affect his value as there's no resale value for the buying club.

Chester, same again. 

Hourihane, yeah maybe. 

Davis, definitely worth more than we paid but is a bit different technically being a youth product.

My point being that we have spaffed loads of cash on shite in comparison to Leeds' sparing approach which is yielding far better results in comparison. 

• 1 month later...

Leeds United: Paul Heckingbottom leaves Barnsley for Elland Road job

Leeds United have appointed Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom as their new head coach following Sunday's departure of Thomas Christiansen.

The 40-year-old has signed a deal at Elland Road until the end of 2018-19, having only signed a new rolling deal with Barnsley on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42958735

Barnsley born ex Man Utd trainee and ex Barnsley, Bradford and Sheffield Wednesday player. Bet that's going down well with the locals :D

Â