Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think you mean Hernandez did the same thing?  Rolls around on floor clutching his head, nothing given so miraculous recovery.

The **** cheek of Leeds fans to bang on about Grealish :D 

At least they don't try and tell us Hernandez is better than Jack these days

• Haha 1

We beat them, are four points ahead of them, and have two games in hand, that's what matters, not which team are the worst divers, focusing on that just plays into their hands because it turns attention away from the fact that we've been the better team than them this season.

• Like 2

It didn't surprise me at all that we beat them, they were being way overrated prior to the game, they were below us in the tabe, their recent form wasn''t much better than ours, and having beat Southampton it almost felt predictable that they'd then go and lose to us, as having a good win and then losing the next game seems to be a very common theme for them, by the same token I wouldn't be at all surprised if they went and beat West Ham in their next game.

Thought all our injuries in midfield showed today, it would have been a bit better without the early goal but we don't have the quality with Rodrigo and Phillips out to break teams down. Their were times when one side of the pitch would get really over crowded and Struijk just doesn't have it in him to pass like Phillips does so we'd try intricate through balls constantly and it never really worked.

Plus Tyler Roberts is really shit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said in the match thread I'd seen on social media about th euros being held in the UK and Leeds hosting games the general consensus amongst Leeds fans seems to be you'll have another new pitch in the summer 

Found out that the drainage system has given up & is going to be totally replaced in the summer, along with the pitch.

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think you mean Hernandez did the same thing?  Rolls around on floor clutching his head, nothing given so miraculous recovery.

The **** cheek of Leeds fans to bang on about Grealish :D 

Dallas also went down like he’d been completely clattered by Elmo in the first half only to get up and run off moments later with no treatment.

Once in a game is down to the specific player. When you’ve got three different players attempting to get people sent off in one game then I think there’s a bigger issue.Given what we’ve seen from Rodrigo, Ayling and Bamford already this season I’m convinced that they’re being coached to do this.

Its cheating in a really nasty way yet Leeds fans are the worst for calling Grealish a diver. I saw some comments on Twitter from Leeds fans saying “Llorente needs to learn this isn’t Leeds”. If you were to ask me it’s possibly the most Leeds trick in the book at the moment.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Dallas also went down like he’d been completely clattered by Elmo in the first half only to get up and run off moments later with no treatment.

Once in a game is down to the specific player. When you’ve got three different players attempting to get people sent off in one game then I think there’s a bigger issue.Given what we’ve seen from Rodrigo, Ayling and Bamford already this season I’m convinced that they’re being coached to do this.

Its cheating in a really nasty way yet Leeds fans are the worst for calling Grealish a diver. I saw some comments on Twitter from Leeds fans saying “Llorente needs to learn this isn’t Leeds”. If you were to ask me it’s possibly the most Leeds trick in the book at the moment.

I don't really mind people going down in order to ensure they get a free kick - I mean, whatever.  It happens.  It's the rolling around and feigning injury in order to get the opposition booked/sent off that leaves a bad taste.  Bamford, Alioski (even if Pepe probably should have gone), Llorente and Hernandez have all done this in very recent memory - purely to try and force cards.  It's grim.

In fact, for Bamford (x2 if you include the penalty dive), Llorente and Hernandez, that's 4 examples in the last 3 games we've played against them.  As you say, it points to a much bigger cultural issue at the club.  I don't think it's necessarily being coached in - I genuinely think Bielsa is pretty 'honest' - but it's clearly prevalent amongst the players.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't really mind people going down in order to ensure they get a free kick - I mean, whatever.  It happens.  It's the rolling around and feigning injury in order to get the opposition booked/sent off that leaves a bad taste.  Bamford, Alioski (even if Pepe probably should have gone), Llorente and Hernandez have all done this in very recent memory - purely to try and force cards.  It's grim.

In fact, for Bamford (x2 if you include the penalty dive), Llorente and Hernandez, that's 4 examples in the last 3 games we've played against them.  As you say, it points to a much bigger cultural issue at the club.  I don't think it's necessarily being coached in - I genuinely think Bielsa is pretty 'honest' - but it's clearly prevalent amongst the players.

Yeah this is my take too. The Dallas one for me was more than going down to win a free kick too. Elmo has gone in slightly aggressively so Dallas has gone down as if he’s seriously injured and stayed down to try and get Elmo booked or sent off.

It was jarring in this game because Ramsey in particular when he got kicked just bounced back up to his feet and got on with the game. 

Leeds fans will call out Grealish for diving but 99 times out of 100 he is fouled, goes down, gets the free kick and carries on with the game. As you say it’s the attempts to get players booked or sent off that are frustrating rather than the going down to ensure you get the fouls.

48 minutes ago, woody153 said:

Found out that the drainage system has given up & is going to be totally replaced in the summer, along with the pitch.

Leeds should try to arrange an alternative venue until this is sorted, if for no other reason than it's hindering their own style of play.

• Like 1

I do like how they play although it doesn't help when the media keeps wanking over Leeds and Bielsa( a bit like the love in for Newcastle back in the late 90s but really just an entertaining team with not much substance)

What i am not getting is their fans opinion on diving and us being a bunch of cheats. Have I been watching a different Villa than they have or do they not watch their own team with Bamford playing?

45 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

But this is Bielsa he wouldn't use underhand tricks like diving or spying on the opposition. He is the football purest that has came to save football 

Â