Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Bit funny you're all making Blackpool comparisons like you're 15 points ahead of us. Sort yourselves outΒ πŸ˜‚

After Blackpool beat Liverpool 2-1 in 2011, they were in 8th place having been promoted the previous season.Β  They'd picked up some brilliant results by that pointΒ - beating Liverpool twice, Newcastle and Sunderland away and drawn with Everton - and also picked up some heavy beatings (Chelsea 4-0, Arsenal 6-0).Β  They'd scored 29 goals and conceded 33 and were on 28 points after 20 games.

After Leeds beat Leicester 3-1 in 2021, they were in 12th place having been promoted the previous season.Β  They'd picked up some brilliant results by that point - beating Villa (lol), Leicester, Everton and drawing with Man City - and also picked up some heavy beatings (Man Utd 6-2, Leicester and Palace 4-1).Β  They'd scored 35 goals and conceded 36 and were on 29 points after 20 games.

Β 

Β 

You're right pal, nothing like BlackpoolΒ πŸ˜‚

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bobzy said:

After Blackpool beat Liverpool 2-1 in 2011, they were in 8th place having been promoted the previous season.Β  They'd picked up some brilliant results by that pointΒ - beating Liverpool twice, Newcastle and Sunderland away and drawn with Everton - and also picked up some heavy beatings (Chelsea 4-0, Arsenal 6-0).Β  They'd scored 29 goals and conceded 33 and were on 28 points after 20 games.

After Leeds beat Leicester 3-1 in 2021, they were in 12th place having been promoted the previous season.Β  They'd picked up some brilliant results by that point - beating Villa (lol), Leicester, Everton and drawing with Man City - and also picked up some heavy beatings (Man Utd 6-2, Leicester and Palace 4-1).Β  They'd scored 35 goals and conceded 36 and were on 29 points after 20 games.

Β 

Β 

You're right pal, nothing like BlackpoolΒ πŸ˜‚

Nothing post. This can be legimately changed to any club from 14th to 7th but fair play looking up all Blackpool resultsΒ 

4 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Nothing post. This can be legimately changed to any club from 14th to 7th but fair play looking up all Blackpool resultsΒ 

It really can't.Β  For a very simple start, not every club from 14th to 7th was promoted last season.

Β 

I don't understand why you're offended by the comparison.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It really can't.Β  For a very simple start, not every club from 14th to 7th was promoted last season.

Β 

I don't understand why you're offended by the comparison.

Because its Leeds United - The most revolutionary and unique side in the world, doing things teamsΒ have never even dared to dream aboutΒ before. That's what Glenn Hoddle told me whilst they were getting spanked by Man United anyway.

• Like 1

Probably better example is Wolves. Won championship comfortably like Leeds, then spent 20m + on a few international players (like Leeds have done with Rodrigo and Llorente) and finished last two seasons in 7th and got to europa QFs. Now hit the wall but they had a good run. More conservative in style but they were still good to watch first season up and parts of last season.

Press gave them the odd good write up but I don't remember the mass coverage Leeds are getting for most of last three years bar looking at the Mendes/Portugal link.

5 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Not really, the similarities extend beyond just the results (which is what offended youΒ in the first place). Just say you didn't watch them. I know I wasn't keeping on top of the PL when we were in the lower leagues.

@VillaChrisΒ Wolves played a completely different, more defensive style, with a different formation etc. They were also quite a bit better. The only thing they have in common are the fact that they were promoted and did well. Sheffield United last season is similarly incomparable. Blackpool just played a very similar high risk, exciting style and as @bobzy pointed out, the results by this point were remarkably similar as well.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Not really, the similarities extend beyond just the results (which is what offended youΒ in the first place). Just say you didn't watch them. I know I wasn't keeping on top of the PL when we were in the lower leagues.

@VillaChrisΒ Wolves played a completely different, more defensive style, with a different formation etc. They were also quite a bit better. The only thing they have in common are the fact that they were promoted and did well. Sheffield United last season is similarly incomparable. Blackpool just played a very similar high risk, exciting style and as @bobzy pointed out, the results by this point were remarkably similar as well.

Based on my experience of living in and around Leeds for 20 years, at this time when Blackpool were giving it a go hardly anyone even watched Leeds or football in general. I did meet an awful lot of Leeds Rhino's fans though. Leeds fans only started crawling out of the woodwork the last 3 years or so.Β 

Fickle plastic fans and it's not worth giving them the attention they so desperately crave. This thread is far to busy.Β 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The comparisons to Blackpool are also a subtle way to assert that whilst Leeds have made a good start they could stillΒ implode and even be relegated like Blackpool were.

I presume that is what the Leeds fans bristle at.Β Β Β 

Only thing preventing that is the poor bottom 3. Blackpool got relegated with 39 points. If all 3 of those teams at the bottom get more than that it would be a miracle indeed.

11 hours ago, LondonLax said:

The comparisons to Blackpool are also a subtle way to assert that whilst Leeds have made a good start they could stillΒ implode and even be relegated like Blackpool were.

I presume that is what the Leeds fans bristle at.Β Β Β 

Yeah, maybe - and I don’t think they will. I’ve said all along that they’ll be solidly mid-table. They’re a good side and play some lovely attacking football.Β 

Just a shame their fans are such precious words removed, really.Β 

On 03/02/2021 at 21:58, Rino8 said:

Well not really as others have said.Β 

Is it really that offensive to be told you're not the most amazing promoted club in the history of world football?

You didn't even get promoted with a higher points total than Norwich the year before.Β 

There is really nothing special about what Leeds have done or are doing.Β 

Looking good for 50 points tbh. Got more points than I thought they would at this stage as thought with some of their defeats in December and early January they'd be around where Newcastle and Brighton are now but bounced back well from those defeats.

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚