Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Depends what we do, got no problem baggies coming up and us having our scrap with them next season, passing them on the way down would be shite though, we'd never hear the end of it 

Regardless of us **** Leeds, hope they stay down there, if they went up we'd never hear the end of it, sky would be sickening 

• Like 1

I think they will still go up. They haven't invested much this season which is surprising, talks now of Che Adams coming in which would be a good signing. Bamford as the main man up top is a limiting factor, he's not a top Championship striker and has no pace.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Leeds offered a 'substantial' loan fee for Adams plus £20m if they get promoted, but Southampton have turned it down, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post.

Edited by useless

8 hours ago, useless said:

Leeds offered a 'substantial' loan fee for Adams plus £20m if they get promoted, but Southampton have turned it down, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post.

I'm not sure who has lost the plot the most. 

Leeds for offering £20m plus or Southampton for turning it down. 

BBC reporting it as well now, with the same figures quoted. I guess Leeds feel that if he was to score the goals to get them promoted then he will have been worth the money, and if they don't go up then loan fee aside they don't have to pay the money. Not sure what Southampton's motivation for turning it down is though, maybe they think he can still come good for them.

21 minutes ago, useless said:

BBC reporting it as well now, with the same figures quoted. I guess Leeds feel that if he was to score the goals to get them promoted then he will have been worth the money, and if they don't go up then loan fee aside they don't have to pay the money. Not sure what Southampton's motivation for turning it down is though, maybe they think he can still come good for them.

Perhaps they are hoping for other bids when clubs get more desperate. Even with players clubs are happy to let go of, it makes sense to do the deals later in the window in case of injuries to the squad as well as hoping for a bidding war. Although, that said, Leeds could come to their sense so sell quick!

Typical of Leeds' luck that both Fulham and Forest are being held in games you'd expect them to win if they're serious about challenging for top two, not the first time it's happened this season.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Typical of Leeds' luck that both Fulham and Forest are being held in games you'd expect them to win if they're serious about challenging for top two, not the first time it's happened this season.

a) it’s only half time

b) Both games ended in draws earlier in the season. Hardly unexpected?

3 hours ago, useless said:

Maybe they are worried if they sell Adams, and Ings gets injured (Missed 85 games at Liverpool due to knee injuries) they are left with Shane Long & Michael Obafemi, who have 2 league goals between them this season, and 1 week of the window to get another striker in.

59 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This last few months has been another classic in the long line of Leeds Utd bottle jobs. I dont know about you but i fkn love to see it

Why would you jinx it like that?!

Good win for them in the end but they had that crazy game v SHA a few weeks back and lost 3 of their next 4.

Aways to Forest and Brentford in next few weeks will decide things I think.

BTW I get Bamford dives and feigns injury but always surprised at the people who think he's a poor striker, 12 goals halfway through isn't that bad a return.

Â