Midweek football 24/26 Sep

andykeenan

Monday

Championship

Blackpool at home to Huddersfield. A win for Blackpool take em to top of table live on Sky

Tuesday

Capital One Cup

Bradford v Burton Albion Chelsea v Wolves Crawley v Swansea

Leeds v Everton Sky MK Dons v Sunderland Preston v Middlesbrough

Southampton v Sheff Wed Swindon v Burnley West Ham v Wigan

Wednesday

Capital One Cup

Arsenal V Coventry Carlisle V Tottenham Man Utd V Newcastle Sky Norwich V Doncaster QPR V Reading West Brom V Liverpool

I said at the start of the season that I think Man United will win the league, and stuck by that despite their stuttering start, mainly because I don't think Mancini will handle the pressure well this season. Considering how many volatile players he also has in the squad, I'd be surprised if things don't boil over this season. He managed to keep a lid on it last year, but he's no Ferguson in terms of discipline and man-management, and seems to throw his toys out of the pram much more readily.

It'd be interesting to see if José would take the City job, or hold out to become Ferguson's successor. With the money and facilities at the Etihad, though, as well as the prospect of dominating for a substantial period of time (particularly once Fergie retires) and a supportive board, I'd be surprised if he turned the job down should it come up in the not-too-distant future.

Â