View from the opposition - WBA fan

Liam_Baggies

I love how they call us arrogant, when the arrogance in the baggies this year has been phenomenal, to be honest I didn't even care about you, but this year on Twitter, forums, phone-ins, Baggies win a game and their still commenting on Villa.

This year, whilst keeping ourselves firmly routed to the ground because we know it's early days. You have carried this arrogance for years and years, even when Blues won the carling cup, the consensus amongst fans was that it was a "mickey mouse" trophy, despite your fans being over-joyed at your victory last night.

Even last season when Lerner made a decision which he thought was right after cutting the cloth, your fans decided that protests were in order and that McLeish wasn't good/big enough for you bla bla bla and decided that like the loyal supporters you were, you would boycott home matches hence your dwindling attendances. Now you have your own way, and have appointed Lambert, you've all come swanning back.

Not denying we've had a laugh at Villa over the past year and a bit either. Fact is, we've been able to because we've been run properly by our chairman and Dan Ashworth and made managerial appointments to take us forward and in the process, leapfrog you.

Liam, I am pretty sure you would have been at the Hawthawns had your great people employed Mick McCarthy. Also the fans protesting were a minority, many were willing to give him a chance, his bizarre comments and his poor tactics was his downfall, you say cutting his cloth, lets not forget he was given 20 odd million to spend. What an arrogance because we the biggest in the Midlands? In your short boing boing Premier League History you have only finished above us once and thats probably why you have a love in for AM. Leapfrog us due to an inept a manager.

Liam, I am pretty sure you would have been at the Hawthawns had your great people employed Mick McCarthy. Also the fans protesting were a minority, many were willing to give him a chance, his bizarre comments and his poor tactics was his downfall, you say cutting his cloth, lets not forget he was given 20 odd million to spend. What an arrogance because we the biggest in the Midlands? In your short boing boing Premier League History you have only finished above us once and thats probably why you have a love in for AM. Leapfrog us due to an inept a manager.

I would have been at The Hawthorns renewing my season ticket because they're my local team and McCarthy would have received our backing, despite being not the man we wanted. Our supporters weren't loving the appointment of Robson, mainly due to our support of SGM but we didn't protest, we supported Robson, even though he was out of his depth. Our fans weren't thrilled by our appointment of Clarke either but we didn't have hissy fits, we've supported the guys, and thankfully, he's proved to be astute.

Saying that, we wouldn't have got ourselves into that position in the first place by appointing McCarthy or McLeish.

We don't have any love in with Alex McLeish either, what makes you think that?

And yes, I do remember you being in the final, and your celebrations at Villa Park, but that was all forgotten about when your local rivals did something you couldn't manage. As for the no substance, well there is plenty, social network sites, pubs and my local school (teachers combined) were soon quick enough to degrade the competiton when Blues had their first moment of fame.

I love how they call us arrogant, when the arrogance in the baggies this year has been phenomenal, to be honest I didn't even care about you, but this year on Twitter, forums, phone-ins, Baggies win a game and their still commenting on Villa.

I think the version of support differs to ours slightly. You gave him a chance, but it certainly didn't last long before sections of your supporters wanted him hounded out, even if the football was poor to an extent. Not the first time, you've got the bed sheets flying out though is it?

Not hard to see why you're disliked..

EDIT: Added the wrong quote, never mind :D

This year, whilst keeping ourselves firmly routed to the ground because we know it's early days. You have carried this arrogance for years and years, even when Blues won the carling cup, the consensus amongst fans was that it was a "mickey mouse" trophy, despite your fans being over-joyed at your victory last night.

If there's one thing I've learned over my years, it's that there is no such thing as a consensus amongst any clubs' fans about anything. I didn't feel what you describe as a consensus and I don't remember it being even a significant minority position amongst the fans I know, online or offline. I think we're pretty pound that only one club has won the League Cup more times than us. You can describe that as arrogance if you like, but it is a simple statement of fact.

What I do remember is after Blues won the cup, someone posted on here a selection of quotes from one of the nose sites from the year before calling the League Cup "mickey mouse" because we were in the final. I think a lot of Villa fans enjoyed reminding them of what they called it.

I think the version of support differs to ours slightly. You gave him a chance, but it certainly didn't last long before sections of your supporters wanted him hounded out, even if the football was poor to an extent. Not the first time, you've got the bed sheets flying out though is it?
Perhaps you confuse the terms "sections of your fans" and "consensus". A consensus is a unanimity. A few people with bed sheets is not the same as "all the fans".

Why, who dislikes us? I work in view of the Hawthorns and the Baggies fans there don't hate Villa. There's banter, but no hate. Perhaps you are mixing up your opinions with those of all the baggies fans. Being a moderator on a fan site, I'd have thought you'd know how dumb it can be to speak on behalf of others.

You can't blame young Liam from getting excited about finishing above us last season. It must be like the feeling of coming up for air having been held underwater by your bigger brother for what, 130 years?

I can't really be bothered to answer all of your questions but I think it'll be a close game Saturday. If you're worrying about Benteke instead of Bent and Agbonlahor you're looking in the wrong places. You've got no chance of finishing top half, my prediction is that we'll both end up 11th-15th, it remains to be seen who comes out on top. Talk of a 'powershift' is laughable.

I think Liam has shown himself to be a bit of a tit really, I feel for the members of his forum if his banter is this bad on it. It's almost like he came on here just to pick petty arguments with Villa fans and used the questions as a front, oh dear, how embarrassing.

I don't really see Smethwick as a major derby, it's about on a par with the Coventry game.

Of course there is envy and resentment and for them it's a cup final, a chance to come to a big ground and play a big scalp.

Let them enjoy their Cup Final build up.

Perhaps you confuse the terms "sections of your fans" and "consensus". A consensus is a unanimity. A few people with bed sheets is not the same as "all the fans".

Why, who dislikes us? I work in view of the Hawthorns and the Baggies fans there don't hate Villa. There's banter, but no hate. Perhaps you are mixing up your opinions with those of all the baggies fans. Being a moderator on a fan site, I'd have thought you'd know how dumb it can be to speak on behalf of others.

Not at all, there are Albion supporters which see you as the main derby and dislike you on that front. We've also spent too long in your shadows and again, a dislike stems through that.

I appreciate some supporters will have supported McLeish, and credit to them, but there was many who refused to give him a chance, and the crowds and reactions of some fans certainly reflected that, even though the football was poor, and I'll admit to that.

As for my dislike comment, it comes through previous questionnaire's I've done and comments on other football forums, and twitter etc. You're viewed as the arrogant one, whereas Blues and Wolves are the less friendlier supporters and we're the likeable club in the midlands. Whether you agree with that is totally up to you.

I didn't mean to offend anybody with the images, I thought the previous poster was having a dig at ourselves and perhaps reacted a bit over the top.

Regardless of that, Sunday will be a close enncounter. Think we edge it in terms of quality but I think you'll make up for that in heart and desire.

If you do beat us, fairplay, but I won't go and hide, I shall come here, take my punishment and congratulate you on your result. Saying that, think it'll be a scoredraw.

I think Liam has shown himself to be a bit of a tit really, I feel for the members of his forum if his banter is this bad on it. It's almost like he came on here just to pick petty arguments with Villa fans and used the questions as a front, oh dear, how embarrassing.

As I said in my previous post, I thought the the initial poster was having a dig at our supporters and used the pictures merely as a reminder that section of the Villa support aren't that great either.

I'll admit I wouldn't have mind the banter on here, but I did react a bit too OTT in response to the members post. Certainly didn't come here looking for a petty argument.

The article shall be posted on here tomorrow once I've completed it.

1. What are your thoughts on the start to the season you have made?

Inconsistant but see what PL is trying to achieve at Villa. Everton & Soton we were hopeless....Newcastle, Swansea and Man City we were sublime.

2. What are your thoughts on our start to the season?

Impressive!! Keep that up and West Brom will comfortably finish top half of the table!!!

3. Do you feel that the authority of West Midlands football is changing? I.e. We're finally becoming top dogs ahead of yourselves?

Not really, West Brom finished above us last season in easily one of the worst seasons Villa have had in recent memory with a manager who was completely clueless. I would say currently we are matched, history is a different level.

4. What are your opinions of WBA as a club and its supporters?

No issues with West Brom what so ever. I think the "rivalry" is very much one sided. West Brom to me is simply another game.....

5. What are you expecting from Villa for the remainder of the season?

Mid-table I would be happy with, top half would be exceptional. 14th or worse we will have seen no progression - I believe we have already progressed since last season.......

6. What are you expecting from Albion for the remainder of the season?

Mid-table, same as Villa. Will be a close call as to whom finishes above who.

7. Your thoughts on your summer transfer business?

Impressed!! Bought a number of fantastic hidden gems on cheap fee's with low wages. Lowton, Vlaar, Bennet, KEA & Benteke superb signings!!

8. Players we should look out for, and players you fear in our side?

Holman - All he does is run. Vlaar - Rock solid at the back. Benteke - A lot to handle up front.

9. Team Paul Lambert is most likely to choose on Sunday?

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Bennet, KEA, Holman, Bannan, Gabby, Bent, Benteke.

10. And finally, score predictions?

God knows, we are inconsistant. 2-1 Villa?

I work with a fair few boggies like this and before these games it gets just as bad as the blosers believe me. They can be billy big bollocks if they like but that's what caused Swansea's downfall two weeks ago. I'd imagine many of their fans will be expecting a win and that expectation may just be their achilles heel.

As far as a power shift happening in midlands football, that made me laugh. They may have a slightly better team right now but they only finished 9 points ahead of us in our worst season for 25 years, and havent won a trophy, or got to a final for over forty years. Thats not arrogance, its fact. Am I right in thinking they havent even ever played in europe either?

Oh yeah I reckon this game will be a draw. Depends on who gets the first goal.

Â