John Terry retires from international football

andykeenan

I don't get all the hate, if you ignore his off field antics. And judge him purely as a player.

And why would you do that? Would you judge Joey Barton or Marlon King just as players and ignore their 'off-field antics'?

No I understand that, but I'm just saying, Purely as a player, and NOT as a person, he was our best CB. Unfortunately, couldn't keep it in his pants. But I do understand that being a football player means being a role model and you are in the spotlight 24/7.

Terry is a clearing in the woods as a person, but was a great Defender.

Terry is a clearing in the woods as a person, but was a great Defender.

that to me perfectly sums up why he's done this, he WAS a great defender as he IS a clearing in the woods

absolutely no danger of him slipping away gracefully while the likes of cahill / lescott / jagielka / smalling / jones take his place due to better form

instead the big bad FA who are always horrible to him (!) have broke his heart

Compared to Suarez, Terry was praised in the magistrates as a reliable witness. That will probably reflect in the FA evidence. Besides, he admitted his guilt so the charge was inevitable. He cleverly and successfully argued context which the prosecution could not prove entirely so he was not charged. He was anticipating the FA not to charge him light of the verdict. However, they deserve a lot of credit for pushing through with this. I'll wait for the published report, but I do think such mitigating factors played a part in a lesser ban. It'll be interesting to see if he appeals. At least Suarez didn't.

court of law : Terry is cleared at Westminster Magistrates' Court of making a racist insult to Ferdinand

FA Panel : Banned for four matches and given a £220,000 fine for using insulting words which included a reference to Anton Ferdinand's colour or race

one of them has to be wrong ..one suspect the FA are knee jerking to the Suraez incident

Â