• El Ahmadi
    • Bannan
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Westwood (for Ireland 46)
    • Agbonlahor (for Bannan 68)
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 68)

**** this forum is sometimes embarassing...one poor results after two good games and Doom & Gloom Patrol on at it again.

What do you expect? We played bottom of the league Southampton today who had not got a single point so far and got battered. We were lucky that they were garbage in the first half or we'd have been on the end of a right spanking.

We were just horrendous today. Much like the Everton game which is worrying, we need a result against WBA badly. That is a big game.

Luckily we have shown that we can play a lot better (last week). Today just was not good enough from start to finish.

One step forwards, two steps back.

Big game Tues to get some hope back. Man City will put out a poor team probs against us and if we can get a result there then huge boost before WBA game.

That has to be the quote of the week! Man city haven't got a poor team, even if they fielded half of their reserves and only played Teves up front we would still struggel to score.

Big game Tues to get some hope back. Man City will put out a poor team probs against us and if we can get a result there then huge boost before WBA game.

That has to be the quote of the week! Man city haven't got a poor team, even if they fielded half of their reserves and only played Teves up front we would still struggel to score.

Yeah hopefully they'll play their full youth team

Yeah hopefully they'll play their full youth team

As my Grandad used to say " You've got more chance off platting fog"!

Just as we were never going to be top 6 after one win against Swansea, so we will never get relegated just based on one defeat to southampton , no matter how poor the defeat, but I guess that depends upon your expectations.

Mine are for us to have some really indifferent results in the first half of the season and pick up a bit in the second half as I don't even think we qualify to be called a work in progress yet. Lambo is learning more about the players and they are learning about him.

I'd have thought given the amount of people who, in their pre match prediction, said "tough match" a defeat was always a possibility.

Lambert said in his interview on sky "it's a shame we lost Steven" so it's save to assume he went off injured. And Southampton aren't that bad. They always score plenty of goals there problem has been in their defense. They won't go down I don't think they have some quality players up front.

Hoofing lost us the game today. Pure and simple. Attacking hoofing, but hoofing all the same.

Just back from St Mary's, wow that was abysmal pretty much from start to finish but particularly that 2nd half we were all at sea. Played off the park by essentially a Championship side. Lambert took his first goal very well but we allowed him too much time and space to chest down the ball take aim and fire. The only positive today was seeing Nigel Kennedy in the away end in his Agbonlahor 11 top :-)

The second half was probably the worst half of football I have ever seen from a villa team. it was even worse than the first half against everton and probably some of the worst football management I have ever seen

**** this forum is sometimes embarassing...one poor results after two good games and Doom & Gloom Patrol on at it again.

What do you expect? We played bottom of the league Southampton today who had not got a single point so far and got battered. We were lucky that they were garbage in the first half or we'd have been on the end of a right spanking.

We were just horrendous today. Much like the Everton game which is worrying, we need a result against WBA badly. That is a big game.

Luckily we have shown that we can play a lot better (last week). Today just was not good enough from start to finish.

One step forwards, two steps back.

Well they have played man city, man utd and arsenal. Oh and Wigan. You can't read into them not having a point too much. Anyone one of the bottom 10 teams can beat other on the day, they'll be some very mixed results this season.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with a rebuild this drastic there will be days like this along the way.

We'll win some and we'll lose some but at least we will ACTUALLY win some this season.

It's peaks and troughs granted but we're heading the right way, so cheer the **** up and look forward to the next one

Well they have played man city, man utd and arsenal. Oh and Wigan. You can't read into them not having a point too much. Anyone one of the bottom 10 teams can beat other on the day, they'll be some very mixed results this season.

A fair point. The long ball to Benteke really wound me up today after the way we played last week.

Like CI said the first southampton goal for me was terrible defending. Lambert allowed to much time and space on the edge of the box without been challenged by any of the 3 defenders around him.

Also something i have noticed alot especially this season is if we have the lead we get pressurised alot from the opposition but if we are losing we cant even get a shot on target. Hopefully PL can make it good again.

It was stated on MOTD tonight that our squad is full of ordinary players and I have to agree. We are already in trouble and I am dreading playing the likes of Arsenal and Man U this season. Lambert has already turned us into Norwich but without the same hunger.

only saw MOTD highlights, but it looked like 15 crazy minutes did for us today. all the goals were terrible to concede. last week we were organised, we pressed intelligently so we didnt leave gaps behind, communication was good etc. players were showing good awareness off the ball so midfield runners didnt get in behind

it didnt look like we did any of that this week. for lamberts first goal three players all could have tackled him but they all left it to the other one. lowton switched off and let clyne get the wrong side. and everyone just stood there for puncheons (although it looked like his shot was actually going out for a throw before it hit clark)

disappointing to hear from those that saw the whole game that we resorted to hoof ball. we can't afford to play like that and give away possession easily - we haven't got the physical midfield to battle and win it back with regularity.

Â