• Bannan
    • Bent
    • Holman
    • Benteke
    • Westwood (for Ireland 46)
    • Agbonlahor (for Bannan 68)
    • Bennett (for Lichaj 68)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:940560e223][mrow][mcol color=red:940560e223]Southampton[mcol][mcol color=#8c333c:940560e223]Aston Villa

[row][col color=red:940560e223][col]0-1[col color=#8c333c:940560e223]Bent 36

[row][col color=red:940560e223]Lambert 58[col]1-1[col color=#8c333c:940560e223]

[row][col color=red:940560e223]Clyne 63[col]2-1[col color=#8c333c:940560e223]

[row][col color=red:940560e223]Puncheon 72[col]3-1[col color=#8c333c:940560e223]

[row][col color=red:940560e223]Lambert 90+4 pen[col]4-1[col color=#8c333c:940560e223]

[/table]

Guzan 6- Cant fault him for the goals, got little protection

Lichaj 4 - Lost the ball a lot, loads of wrong options in possession, at fault for a goal, left them in behind

Vlaar 6 - Solid first half, over ran in second half, no protection, cant fault him to much

Clark 5 - Similar to above but a bit sloppy in possession

Lowton 5 - Poor but better than Lichaj

KEA 5 - Never got involved, doesnt win the ball, didnt make midfield tick, luxury today

Holman 5- Sloppy, not his usual annoyance to opposition

Bannan 6- Good first half, battled hard, faded in second

Ireland 6.5 - Best player for me in first half, big part in goal, great work rate, some unlucky through balls.

Benteke 6 - Tried hard, nothing stuck, tired badly, poor second half

Bent 6 - Goal aside offered nothing, on borrowed time for me, no service after ireland left though

Westwood 5 - very poor, bad positioning, bad in possession, looked slow

Gabby 5 - Barely touched ball

Bennett5 - no worse than lichaj thats for sure

Lost all momentum when ireland went off, he was forcing their midfielders to sit deeper to pick him up which fragmented their play through midfield, he was harassing them when they had the ball, making good runs in behind and trying forward passes (just a little off but acceptable given building a relationship with Benteke).

Our tactics looked very unassured from the offset. Was it long ball? Was it not?

Im a fan of lambert but a lot of questionable decisions in this game (and im not including Irelands replacement because its surely and injury

Comprehensively outplayed by Southampton. Says it all. Abject performance from start to finish.

I wasn't impressed with Benteke's work rate, he and Bent were isolated. I wasn't impressed with Lambert's substitutions, we lacked balance. The defending was poor.

A complete stinker in all honesty.

Feels more poignant than the home loss to Bolton. Could never have seen this even under our two previous managers. Nothing more than relegation fodder I'm afraid - we need to get some results against far better teams now. I can't put down a 4-1 loss to Southampton as simply teething issues in a new regime, it is desperate.

utter utter utter disgrace of a performance and result.

I don't know if the demented fuckwits got cocky after beating swansea and thinking everything was ok, but I see wansea's result today probably puts our win over them in perspective.

**** terrible. I expect tough matches against good teams, and ups and downs as we develop but against **** SOUTHAMPTON that was disgusting, abominable and thoroughly unacceptable.

We must must **** clearing in the woods west brom.

**** fuming.

the good stuff we did in the last 2 games was completely absent, and it wasnt because of how southampton played, they were pretty shit too

get weimann back in there, benteke was ok (missed a great chance) but we went long looking for him and it didnt work

all 3 goals we shockingly bad, the 1st one you had lichaj give it away, bannan get sold down the river too easily, clark vlaar and lowton give lambert too much time/space and then guzan not able to get a strong enough hand on it, 6 players could have stopped that goal FFS

the result will be blown out of proportion because of how shit southampton have started but it was poor

**** disgrace.

Reminded me of the Swansea game at home last season. They hadn't won an away game all season and turn up and smash us.

Last week my optimism was high, but now it's right back down again. Was it Swansea that made us look good and give me false hope? This result is going to knock us back alot. Just when i thought things had moved on. Everything feels very similar to last season.

one step forward five back, the worst defensive display i have seen even worse than under McCleish against the worst team in the league.

I just hope all the **** idiots on this board who spend clearly valuable online hours populating threads and their own inane little blogs with the latest mindless criticism of Stephen Ireland climb back into the shit lined cupboards they live in and never say anything again.

That 2nd half is by far worse than anything under GH and AMc. Let's be honest, Southampton are a dreadful side at the back and to create as little as we did is criminal. Beaten 4-1 by arguably the leagues worst side is just not good enough.

Glad I didn't get involved in the past weeks delusional w@nk-fest. All this cliched rubbish about Benteke being "unplayable" on the basis of scoring one goal. We spent most of the match playing hoofball upto him and Bent. They spent most of the match playing football. Football won convincingly.

To get a good hiding from the weakest team in the division is a very poor and depressing reflection on where we really are as a team. Beating Swansea was a false dawn and I expect more days like this than the one last week with the players we have at our disposal.

F*** off Villa!

That was as poor a performance in that second half as I anything last season.

Hopefully, that's Lichig's little run in the team done with.

It's all well and good putting Gabby on to chase the game, but we were clearly losing the midfield battle so was taking a midfielder off for a striker going to be the solution?

I think what annoys me the most is that we played so well in the last 2 games, and then we go and serve up that pile of s***!

The long ball game doesn't work for us, and as a fan I don't want to see it!

The only positive for me is...........none.

F*** off Villa!

Â