Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

You are always right to be fair.

I've never seen someone as right as you so many times.

You're a genius.

I love you.

The irony in this is genius from someone who accused me of clutching at straws.

He's already admitted when he's been wrong concerning Benteke and Westwood and then proven his point with the Burns statement yet you and other posters keep beating him with the same stick.

Sad.

You're a genius.

I love you.

Now was that really that hard to say?

Thank you.

It's all I wanted to hear.

In all seriousness, I don't think I ever said you were wrong (although I do think there's a difference between how you expressed your view and how Burns has, but that's neither here nor there)

My issue was with the timing and attitude of your views. And again, to pre empt the inevtiable "waaaahhh am I not allowed to be negative? blah blah blah" yes you have every right to hold and express your view, I just said it was miserable that you jumped in to a thread where everyone was ceelbrating the victory to immediately remind us all that it doesn't mean anything and most of the kids won't make it.

It's just a weirdly negative way to be, that's all.

You're a genius.

I love you.

He's already admitted when he's been wrong concerning Benteke and Westwood and then proven his point with the Burns statement yet you and other posters keep beating him with the same stick.

Sad.

It was a joke.

Regarding your comments, See above post. The Burns comments are pretty much irrelevant to what i was taking issue with.

And you really were clutching at straws. I said this thread was embarrassing (and I'm ashamed I'm now further contributing to it) but your comments about Cas in that particular situation were really really cringeworthy.

But that's off topic so I'll say no more.

You're a genius.

I love you.

Sad.

But he wasn't proved right by Burns as no one said anything that disputes what Burns said. Yeah, he said that the players shouldn't celebrate too much as it doesn't mean they've made it in their careers. I don't think anyone of us think they've made it. We were just very happy that they won. Happy for us and for them. No one said that it's now a given that all or any of them will go on and be great for our first team. If it comes down to us or wigan to go down in the last game and we won, would you celebrate that day? I would. I'd celebrate and be very relieved. Would it mean that I think the players should think they'd made it? No, there's still plenty of work to do. But at the day I wouldn't say that but I think Lambert would. Maybe not the best of comparisons, and in this company it'll probably be slated. I don't know if I like it myself.

You're a genius.

I love you.

Sad.

But he wasn't proved right by Burns as no one said anything that disputes what Burns said. Yeah, he said that the players shouldn't celebrate too much as it doesn't mean they've made it in their careers. I don't think anyone of us think they've made it. We were just very happy that they won. Happy for us and for them. No one said that it's now a given that all or any of them will go on and be great for our first team. If it comes down to us or wigan to go down in the last game and we won, would you celebrate that day? I would. I'd celebrate and be very relieved. Would it mean that I think the players should think they'd made it? No, there's still plenty of work to do. But at the day I wouldn't say that but I think Lambert would. Maybe not the best of comparisons, and in this company it'll probably be slated. I don't know if I like it myself.

You clearly haven't read the majority of this thread.

You're a genius.

I love you.

Sad.

It was a joke.

Regarding your comments, See above post. The Burns comments are pretty much irrelevant to what i was taking issue with.

And you really were clutching at straws. I said this thread was embarrassing (and I'm ashamed I'm now further contributing to it) but your comments about Cas in that particular situation were really really cringeworthy.

A joke with a rather large Jag.

'Cringeworthy' to you maybe but other posters also engaged VillaCas on the very same point so was their challenge also 'cringeworthy' or is your statement for convenience only?  

You're a genius.

I love you.

Sad.

It was a joke.

'Cringeworthy' to you maybe but other posters also engaged VillaCas on the very same point so was their challenge also 'cringeworthy' or is your statement for convenience only?  

I don't know what your first sentence means.

I disagreed with VillaCas too. I don't think we "might avoid relegation with 35 points", as did other posters.

But you brought his statement, and misquoted it to make it sound worse, in a completely unrelated argument and then stuck to your guns even when people pointed out you'd interpreted it wrongly. That was what was cringeworthy. It appeared you were clutching at straws because you were effectively arguing with your own (wrong) interpretation of what someone had said.

God I hope the youngsters dont follow this site or if they do just off topic or something. Don't some of you miserable lot (the same people every time btw) ever get bored of listening to your own voices and ruining half the topics with the same negative point scoring going round and round with the same god damn arguments all the time. 

Its not even productive discussion, its inane drivel used to serve one purpose, bore people into submission so they give up leaving you to declare yourself the winner. Only you won't say your the winner as that would mean you are openly trying to point score but instead your 'just trying to encourage discussion, am I not allowed these opinions?' Its paramount to sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'la la la la la'. 

And so to borrow a phrase, 'we go again' in yet another topic that ends up the same as the last one, ad infinitum.

• Like 2

Its not even productive discussion, its inane drivel used to serve one purpose, bore people into submission so they give up leaving you to declare yourself the winner. Only you won't say your the winner as that would mean you are openly trying to point score but instead your 'just trying to encourage discussion, am I not allowed these opinions?' Its paramount to sticking your fingers in your ears and going 'la la la la la'.

What I find inane drivel is the whole everything's great, yes i agree type of discussion. But i guess you find that productive.

God I hope the youngsters dont follow this site

I think they'll be alright. Firstly people at the club are telling them the same thing, secondly I'm sure they're fully aware of the low amount of players who actually make it and finally I'm sure all of them want to produce at first team level and know that's what counts.

I don't think they need a few people crying on here to protect them.

This website has been broken in the last week by 2 people. MODS! Isn't there something that can be done? Can BJ10 just have his own thread so he can ruin that on his own as this has gone off topic. This thread is now about him and it is stupid. He has not been proven "right" in any sense and if he can't see that more shame on him. 

• Like 1

Shame on me?

I'm happy to apologise when wrong and admit when I'm wrong. Shame others can't do similar.

I posted my opinion and it was jumped on, so sorry if i feel like proving a point on this one when my opinion is shared by a member of the academy staff.

The websites broken? Why because some people don't agree with your opinion? God get a grip man. Morpheous and I at least offer reasons to support our opinions. How is that breaking the site?

You don't like being proved wrong so now you're calling on the mods. Pathetic.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

You're a genius.

I love you.

Sad.

It was a joke.

I don't know what your first sentence means.

I disagreed with VillaCas too. I don't think we "might avoid relegation with 35 points", as did other posters.

But you brought his statement, and misquoted it to make it sound worse, in a completely unrelated argument and then stuck to your guns even when people pointed out you'd interpreted it wrongly. That was what was cringeworthy. It appeared you were clutching at straws because you were effectively arguing with your own (wrong) interpretation of what someone had said.

Could go on forever on this and while i strongly disagree with your latest post since i have already made my point i'm going to leave it. 

• 6 months later...

I see the UEFA under 19 youth league has started I assume thats what erplaced Next Gen, disgrace that a team like Villa couldnt play in it as didnt qualify for Champions LEague

Uefa would be a bit embarrased if a 'small team' like us were to show up the 'big' teams like we did last year.

• Like 1

Â