Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

Now that did make me laugh. Which one is Bj10 or are they both me before and after the heat from the smileys?

It's open for interpretation :D

Christ I'm going to be ripped to pieces now. He, he.

Just as I thought.

Well you can't seriously expect us to take you seriously when you say 'some people can't admit they're wrong' when numerous people proved you wrong in that linked thread, yet you carried on. Maybe if you started to do what you expect of other people, then they would listen.

Now that's much better. Less of the smileys and more of the above will gain you more respect on here if that's what your after.

Posters haven't taken me seriously since I said Benteke was Lambert's Balaban so I'm not too concerned about that although I was able to admit talking bollocks.

The Diame and VillaCas points haven't actually proven to be wrong and under a polite hint from one of the mods who also challenged VillaCas on his statement I decided to leave VillaCas alone.

Hard to do but the mod was right on both counts as I was.

Not to overlap threads, but what Cas said was 'we could stay up with 35' which is true. The mod misread what he said as well. And the mods, are human too. I wouldn't take their word as gospel.

I think the win is a good indication of how our youth setup is compared to other clubs. And we're on par if not better than most.
We all know it's a big step from being a talented youngster to being a Premier League regular. It's a long long road where anything can happend.
However, having a successfull youth setup means that theres a higher chance that we'll have successfull players come thru, even though it's not given that they will.
You might call it having a extra dice when you're rolling for yatzy if you'd like.

Well done by the young ones, Congratulations!

*edit: some horrible spelling.

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 1

The Diame and VillaCas points haven't actually proven to be wrong and under a polite hint from one of the mods who also challenged VillaCas on his statement I decided to leave VillaCas alone.

I'm sorry, I haven't followed the discussion you've had with VillaCas too closely. But wether a mod backs your arguement or not doesn't make any stronger then what it would be if it was backed by anyone else.

So I'm just wondering why you keep poiting out that a MODERATOR also questioned VillaCas?

They moderate the forum cause we're unable to discuss in a sivil way, but it doesn't make them the council of the 12 wise men. ;)

Just as I thought.

Well you can't seriously expect us to take you seriously when you say 'some people can't admit they're wrong' when numerous people proved you wrong in that linked thread, yet you carried on. Maybe if you started to do what you expect of other people, then they would listen.

Now that's much better. Less of the smileys and more of the above will gain you more respect on here if that's what your after.

Posters haven't taken me seriously since I said Benteke was Lambert's Balaban so I'm not too concerned about that although I was able to admit talking bollocks.

Not to overlap threads, but what Cas said was 'we could stay up with 35' which is true. The mod misread what he said as well. And the mods, are human too. I wouldn't take their word as gospel.

Totally agree about your statement concerning the mods as I've had many a debate with TrentVilla. However, on this occasion I do believe both BOF and I were right to engage VillaCas over his post as he clearly implied that 35 points would be enough to keep us up.

Just as I thought.

Totally agree about your statement concerning the mods as I've had many a debate with TrentVilla. However, on this occasion I do believe both BOF and I were right to engage VillaCas over his post as he clearly implied that 35 points would be enough to keep us up.

He said it was possible, which he supported with the facts that 35 has been enough in the past. i really don't see what else there is to be found in that point and people have rightly said you're clutching straws.

I'm sorry, I haven't followed the discussion you've had with VillaCas too closely. But wether a mod backs your arguement or not doesn't make any stronger then what it would be if it was backed by anyone else.

So I'm just wondering why you keep poiting out that a MODERATOR also questioned VillaCas?

They moderate the forum cause we're unable to discuss in a sivil way, but it doesn't make them the council of the 12 wise men. ;)

As stated above I totally agree with your point and I probably should have left the title out and just quoted the other posters who challenged VillaCas on his statement and for the record I was backing BOFs point but I can see how it might be interpreted.

Just as I thought.

He said it was possible, which he supported with the facts that 35 has been enough in the past. i really don't see what else there is to be found in that point and people have rightly said you're clutching straws.

What has happened in previous seasons has nothing to do with this season. The reason why VillaCas post was challenged by myself and other posters was due to the remaining fixture list and current points total. I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks that 35 points is going to be enough but rather than continually running this around in the proverbial circle let's wait and see how it pans out?

Just as I thought.

What has happened in previous seasons has nothing to do with this season. The reason why VillaCas post was challenged by myself and other posters was due to the remaining fixture list and current points total. I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks that 35 points is going to be enough but rather than continually running this around in the proverbial circle let's wait and see how it pans out?

I think 35 will be enough. I can't see Sunderland picking up 4 more points tbh

Say you are right. Say none of these players make it for Aston Villa. Will you have a warm fuzzy feeling inside that you correctly predicted the demise of our successful youth team?

I think you'll find my main point was that winning this trophy didn't mean anything and that's it's all about what happens when they reach the first team. My comment about a lot of them not making it was just a fact about youth team football in general.

You didn't even deny being right is more important to you than Aston Villa. Some **** fan.

Like i have to somehow prove to someone like you what sort of fan i am. Haha

He didn't say that youth doesn't matter, did he? I think if you ask him if a good youth set up matters he'd say yes. Otherwise we wouldn't even have a youth system.

His exact quote said that its all about producing players for the first team.

I think you'll find I argued the same thing. I stated many times that its not about winning trophies at that level it's about what they do once they put the first team shirt on. It's sad you can't admit you're wrong on this one. I mean a member of the youth team staff said the same as me.

you're not påroven right in any sense

As explained above I've been proven to be 100% right on this one.

Especially as most of us were quite annoyed that you couldn't just celebrate their victory instead of pulling the negative spin that you almost always do

I said over and over that I was happy we won and it was a great achievement for them. You call it negative spin, i call it having the same opinion of the assistant academy director.

His job is to keep the players on their toes and don't let them be too satisfied with what thet've achieved. I doubt that's your job.

Haha so he's lying then? God anything to not admit you're wrong eh?

Again I get a lot of grief but I'll happily admit when I'm wrong. I never thought Benteke would do much this season, I was massively wrong about that, got no problems admitting it. I didn't think Westwood would be any good this season, again completely wrong and no problem admitting it.

It's not a hard thing to do.

You and a few others should give it a try.

This thread is an embarrassment.

Agreed.

Giving someone a load of grief, being proved wrong and then still doing it.

It makes me sad.

He didn't say that youth doesn't matter, did he? I think if you ask him if a good youth set up matters he'd say yes. Otherwise we wouldn't even have a youth system.

His exact quote said that its all about producing players for the first team.

I think you'll find I argued the same thing. I stated many times that its not about winning trophies at that level it's about what they do once they put the first team shirt on. It's sad you can't admit you're wrong on this one. I mean a member of the youth team staff said the same as me.

>you're not påroven right in any sense

As explained above I've been proven to be 100% right on this one.

Especially as most of us were quite annoyed that you couldn't just celebrate their victory instead of pulling the negative spin that you almost always do

I said over and over that I was happy we won and it was a great achievement for them. You call it negative spin, i call it having the same opinion of the assistant academy director.

His job is to keep the players on their toes and don't let them be too satisfied with what thet've achieved. I doubt that's your job.

Haha so he's lying then? God anything to not admit you're wrong eh?

Again I get a lot of grief but I'll happily admit when I'm wrong. I never thought Benteke would do much this season, I was massively wrong about that, got no problems admitting it. I didn't think Westwood would be any good this season, again completely wrong and no problem admitting it.

It's not a hard thing to do.

You and a few others should give it a try.

Agreed.

It makes me sad.

I don't know why I even bothered. You said in the post I quoted, which you left out, that youth football didn't matter. He didn't say that it didn't matter.

No, I didn't say he was lying, but I'm quite sure that he was trying to dampen the excitement so the players won't get too cocky and think this is it. Some coaches have that philosophy.

To say that this is good for the boys, BUT... is to put a negative spin on something fans just should celebrate. There is another thread for the discussion that took place here.

And, no one said that all those players would make it. No one said that it would make our first team great. No one said that this win. No one argued with you about what you said. No one. All we said was that you should be happy for the boys without any negativities about it, which you really was. That's opinions that can't be called right or wrong. But if about 20-30 people say that you've put a negative spin on it, and just you and one or two others says the opposite, then maybe you should try and reflect on if you've actually been too negative in a thread that didn't call for any negativity at all.

And we said that this win means that there's a bigger chance that the players actually are quite good and that some of them will come in handy in the future. Was that wrong? Did Burns say no one will make it?

And if Burns says first team is everything and someone here says that to him youth football matters as much to him, there really isn't a right or wrong. It's opinions.

• Like 1

Agreed.

It makes me sad.

The irony in this is excellent.

I don't know why I even bothered. You said in the post I quoted, which you left out, that youth football didn't matter. He didn't say that it didn't matter.

My whole argument was what they do in youth football doesn't matter. Like i said a few times its about what they do for the first team. I gave examples of players who'd won nothing at youth level who turned out to be quality. I spoke about academies that haven't won youth trophies but produced top players because that's whats important. And Mr Burns says the same thing. It's all about producing players for the first team.

To say that this is good for the boys, BUT... is to put a negative spin on something fans just should celebrate.

What a load of shit. So no one is allowed to offer a different opinion or debate on the subject that you've decided should just be for people to say nice things? Utter rubbish. And like I said, its not a negative spin, my opinion on youth football seems to be shared by the assistant academy director. Because he knows his job is to produce good players for the first team. Edited by Big_John_10

Agreed.

It makes me sad.

The irony in this is excellent.

Haha

It's a shame people can't admit when they're wrong.

Oh well I'll just add it to the list of things I've been mocked and ridiculed about that ended up being right.

I actually agree with BG10 on this one, Well done to them for winning the trophy, but I remember us winning the youth cup against a certain Rooney, and we all hyped up the Moore brothers to be the next big things and what happened, Rooney became a World superstar and ours just didn't make the grade. We actually need to be honest here, how many have made the grade that you think 'wow' theres a player in him, I look at Soton and think they've produced the likes of Dyer, Bale, Walcott, Ox, Lallana and now Shaw. I do have some hope for some of our kids though, like Graham, Grealish but its all about the desire for them to make it.

Â