Mass Effect: Andromeda

hogso

A day one purchase.

Take some elements of 1 and 3, photocopy the rest of 2 and smash it into a decent story and this is a slam dunk.

I await EA **** it up, chasing every penny they can wring out of it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

See? now this sounds exciting - and different.

Never played a Mass Effect before, and it'll probably turn out to be shit, but at least it sounds fun, for a change.

You should play the first 3. One of the best trilogies I've played 

I tried going back to ME1 not so long back. I LOVED the game when it came out and did for many years, but it felt like a slog this time round. The MAKO bits were really shit. Can't believe how many playthroughs I swept EVERY planet.

ME2 planet searching was much better.

Will defo be getting this though

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I tried going back to ME1 not so long back. I LOVED the game when it came out and did for many years, but it felt like a slog this time round. The MAKO bits were really shit. Can't believe how many playthroughs I swept EVERY planet.

ME2 planet searching was much better.

Will defo be getting this though

It wasn't till ME3 was coming out that I played the second & all the add on content. I became obsessed with scanning every planet I could haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Delayed until next year.

As we've been playing the game at the studio recently, it's showing us that we're taking the game in the right direction. But we also know we need the right amount of time to make sure we deliver everything the game can be and should be – that's our commitment from all of us to all of you. Because of that, Mass Effect: Andromeda will now ship in early 2017.

• 3 months later...

I am hoping it's because it's pre-alpha but there is quite a bit of choppy stuttering in that footage. I thought it was my stream when watching it live but that footage is definitely spiking down below 20FPS at times to cause that stutter. I hope it's the pre-alpha build causing that but I have heard from the PlayStation Meeting that Uncharted 4 on the PS4 Pro was running sub-30FPS in 4K mode. So hopefully it's the build of the game and not the console lacking the power to genuinely do this, which wouldn't surprise really. 

Bioware is running what is essentially an open audition for residents of the USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand to be a voice actor in game. The part is probably tiny of course - still pretty cool though.

• 1 month later...

N7 Day yesterday. Release rather unsurprisingly pushed back from Q1 to Q2 2017. I think a lot of people were expecting that as there has been so little info released compared to the relatively close release date, it just seemed kinda too good to be true.

There's a new cinematic trailer, some little bits and bobs of info, and details of the special editions.

$69.99 gets you the Deluxe which includes a casual outfit, an armor, a weapon set, a pet SPACE MONKEY, digi soundtrack and a multiplayer launch pack used to spend on boosters or whatever I guess.

$199 gets you the Collector's with a remote control version of the Nomad.

Or you can get a mini diecast version of the Nomad for $9.99.

There will be a gameplay trailer on 1st Dec.

Also a few little teasers on the Amazon listings, which amongst other things, mentions destructable environments. Cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't want to believe it but you're right; those cutscenes were awful and the voice acting was terrible. Special shout out to the British chick female Shepard v2.0 was talking to. She was absolutely shite.

Let's hope they polish the game up a fair bit before release. Still got a fair bit of time.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I'd agree with you but I'm not sure you can call 'binning the voice acting and never speaking of again' polish ;)

My only other concerns with this really is how much it'll be a reskin of Dragon Age Inquisition (which I liked, but kinda despite some of its gameplay choices - it was a bit too much MMO alike), how much it's stepped further away from its RPG nature (which it anyway had a fair bit anyway), and frankly how much it can't possibly live up to what I want it to be.

Still, day one. Probably.

Â