Mass Effect: Andromeda

hogso

Brad from Giant Bomb posted this.

Whilst i wouldn't go so far as to say that is indicative of the game being broken (it's just some badly glitches cutscenes) it would heavily hamper my enjoyment of the game.

Also the new alien species look absolutely shit.

This is Mass Effect dying.

Hahaha! Oh dear. Fortunately I would say that's very rare, I haven't seen anything even close to that in around 10 hours of play. 

18 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Not really digging this remnant stuff of searching aimlessly for glyphs then playing glorified sudoku.

Spent a very frustrating night on Voeld.

Yeah, the sudoku thing is such a shitty, cheap mechanic. It's worse than any of the unlocking/hacking mini games from the trilogy, and that's saying cos they were shite. 

The biggest thing this game had going against it is simply the fact it is having to follow on from the first triology - something even a great game would struggle to match

Despite that I am enjoying it.

The animation, dialogue and mechanics can be quite annoying but in truth im playing this game for the story, the characters and because i loved the previous series. So far its been good, nowhere near the first 3 but that because those characters and story built over time. This game does have me wanting to explore the new galaxy, set up on new world - i feel invested in it. Its a solid start in my opinion and im interested / trust bioware to take it further in dlc and future games.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying it too and am about nine hours in. It's far from perfect but I am having a good time with it. I'm trying to ignore the original trilogy in my judgement of this game, as it is a new beginning. It could have been more polished and there are issues, yet I am having fun with it at the moment. I can see myself investing many more hours into this game and that for me makes it a good game...

I kinda agree with you both. It's not a bad game. The issues that I was more forgiving of in the early hours in regards to plot and characters I can't be so forgiving of further in. Some characters are OK, some aren't. I feel like I enjoyed spending time with all of the crew of the Normandy in the trilogy though, one or two aside, where as this crew just don't compare.

The annoucement due on the 4th was available then, they're going to patch animation issues and the character creator, as well as general fixes. Also change some romance issues and dialogue in regards to the transgender character in game, as apparently there was some backlash.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â