Middle Age

mjmooney

When you get to the point where modern music is shit, kids today have no respect and hairstyles & fashion are downright laughable then you have hit middle age.

How about when you get to the point where modern music is just a rehash of thirty years ago, the kids have no respect and fashion is just so bland you hardly notice it?

When you get to the point where modern music is shit, kids today have no respect and hairstyles & fashion are downright laughable then you have hit middle age.
I hit that one at about 22.

How about when you get to the point where modern music is just a rehash of thirty years ago, the kids have no respect and fashion is just so bland you hardly notice it?
Well at least that's some sort of improvement.

EDIT: (Counts back 30 years...1982...ugh...) Actually, no, it isn't.

SECOND EDIT: With yesterday being my actual 30th wedding anniversary, I shouldn't really have had to count, should I? :oops:

"Define middle age"

:lol:

Hey where have you been? Did you meet Prince William?

No, was at work/camp.

Don't really give a damn about the royal couple, Mike, as far as I'm concerned they are just two more celebrities I know f all about, like pop singers, hence my apathy.

P.S. Sorry, haven't been around the past week as I've been too busy playing - I mean, too busy at work. :P

"Define middle age"

:lol:

Hey where have you been? Did you meet Prince William?

No, was at work/camp.

Don't really give a damn about the royal couple, Mike, as far as I'm concerned they are just two more celebrities I know f all about, like pop singers, hence my apathy.

But... but... he specifically said he wanted to meet Singaporean Villa fans! :lol:

Holy **** :shock:, I honestly didn't know he was a Villa fan, let alone that he had made that comment.

As I said, I don't care about celebrities like him. Not that I dislike him, just wholly indifferent.

Holy **** :shock:, I honestly didn't know he was a Villa fan, let alone that he had made that comment.
Prince William waved the flag for Aston Villa before proving his England football credentials – by losing in a penalty shoot-out against a teenage goalkeeper.

William, president of the Football Association, joined in a kickabout on the Solomon Islands after telling a group of youngsters they should support his claret and blue favourites.

The future king, a Villa fan, stepped up to take three spot-kicks against 13-year-old ‘keeper Philemon Fatai, who saved two of his efforts.

With hundreds of locals looking on as he prepared to take a kick, William warned: “This could go just about anywhere.”

The royal tucked his first penalty into the bottom right corner, but then quipped: “Here we go again” as his remaining efforts were stopped by the young goalkeeper, who said afterwards: “He’s good – but not as good as me.”

William told one youngster that he should follow Villa’s fortunes - before revealing that Kate was not keen on football.

William is not the only high-profile fan to express his backing for Paul Lambert’s team.

David Cameron and Bank of England governor Mervyn King are both well-known Villa supporters.

The Prime Minister even keeps fit by wearing a claret and blue replica shirt with ‘10 Cameron’ on the back.

Mail

Middle age is when you've got the opportunity to pop home for a mid afternoon shag, but end up doing something else.

I had to go into hospital a week or so back, bought my first ever pj's and dressing gown, that felt like a bit of a milestone.

Are these 'ages' equally long? If so, average life expectancy for men and women is 82, so your young until 27, then middle aged til 55, then old til you die.
Hmmm. That sort of works.

But I'm going with: young till 40, middle aged till 60... hang on, no, 65, then old. Perhaps I'm biased... :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Agree, although if someone young could please say that hair pomade and pastel-coloured shorts worn with a belt are downright laughable I think we'd all feel a bit better and a bit less middle-aged.

I am 20 and I already feel old. I live near my old school, so I get plenty of opportunities to walk around the school's vicinity, which means I see teenage high school students all the time, and that makes me realise just how old I am now, at least relative to them. I am now a 20-something :mellow:

Sorry :P

I think that happens a lot with people in their early twenties. It's not that you are old, it's just an inability (on some level at least) to cope with not being a child any more. I see it quite a lot when people who suddenly get responsibilities for things other than themselves for the first time in their lives and go at great lengths to point out that they are "only" 20-21-22-23 (etc) and it never fails to make me smile. I was probably the same at that age too.

As for the middle aged thing, I always took it to be the middle years of your adulthood. It's difficult to put a number on that of course, but it's probably when you are old enough that your kids have moved out, or are at least fairly independent of you, but young enough to not consider yourself "old".

Â