Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Soton are going to be so hard to predict. They'll have a shocker one day, then do the unthinkable in other games.

I believe they will leak an awful lot of goals though this season and its about time we gave someone a beasting. Darren Bent will bag a couple there, but he might not be the only one.

This game will represent a different challenge. We probably go there as slight favourites and the pressure may be on us a bit. Still a lot more pressure on them as they will see this as a must win game. I think we should be patient and just press and close down as if we're playing a top side. No room for complacency. And when our chances come we need to be taking them Darren.

This game will represent a different challenge. We probably go there as slight favourites and the pressure may be on us a bit. Still a lot more pressure on them as they will see this as a must win game. I think we should be patient and just press and close down as if we're playing a top side. No room for complacency. And when our chances come we need to be taking them Darren.

I think they are terrible and if we can play like we have done in the last couple of games then we should beat them.

They will be down by Christmas

We need to win this one to build on saturday's great result. However I think Southampton are so desperate to avoid defeat they will come at us and put our new found team spirit to the test. I'd take a point to be honest.

The first goal is going to be critical. If we can get that then their fragile confidence coupled with their fragile defence should put us in good stead.

We need to keep that high tempo, high pressing to force their back four into errors and play it long.

Bent to get off the mark. Benteke to cause havoc and Gabby to come on second half on his way back to fitness.

Tough game. This the kind of game Villa would fall apart, the team with zero points take their first against us, the teams that havent scored in a while scores three against us and so on... Or was that before Lambert??

I´d take a point and be happy with it.

Your not getting it mate, they have just been walloped 6-1, the reaction then is to fight for every ball, and ensure you don't get battered again, in a similar way to how we reacted at Newcastle. So yes it will be a tough game because we won't be up against the Soton who just played Arsenal. Take QPR for example they got battered by Swansea 5-0 at home however they held a Chelsea side at home 0-0. We need to keep them quiet for first 20mins.

Your not getting it mate, they have just been walloped 6-1, the reaction then is to fight for every ball, and ensure you don't get battered again, in a similar way to how we reacted at Newcastle. So yes it will be a tough game because we won't be up against the Soton who just played Arsenal. Take QPR for example they got battered by Swansea 5-0 at home however they held a Chelsea side at home 0-0. We need to keep them quiet for first 20mins.

Fair point.

This is a massive game for us, need to prove the last two performances can continue. It will not be easy as they will be so up for this in a game where I reckon they think they could beat us. I think we should be able to win though, even if we don't play as well as we did on saturday. The key is to get an early goal as that will completely deflate them.

Not sure whether I would field an unchanged XI again or bring in Benteke for Weimann, seems harsh to drop Andi as he has done nothing wrong but Benteke looks like a special player and shouldn't be sitting on the bench.