Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

If we win this, Southampton are down.

The way I see it, they didn't expect anything from their first 3 and they didn't get anything. They see us as their first winnable game of the season. But if we turn up and beat them they'll surely think "Oh jeez, even the normal teams are beating us, we haven't a hope". This is like opening day all over again for them. If we go there and get 3 points they'll be destroyed mentally and we'll have softened them up for everyone that comes after. I don't think I'm over-stating it to say that this is the most important game Southampton might play this season.

So they wouldn't have seen Wigan at home as being their first winnable game of the season then?

If we win this, Southampton are down.

The way I see it, they didn't expect anything from their first 3 and they didn't get anything. They see us as their first winnable game of the season. But if we turn up and beat them they'll surely think "Oh jeez, even the normal teams are beating us, we haven't a hope". This is like opening day all over again for them. If we go there and get 3 points they'll be destroyed mentally and we'll have softened them up for everyone that comes after. I don't think I'm over-stating it to say that this is the most important game Southampton might play this season.

So they wouldn't have seen Wigan at home as being their first winnable game of the season then?

Take no notice. He just does it to get a reaction :).

Too tough to call I think but I hope we play with the same spirit as the last 2 games which will give us a chance.

For fun I'll say 1-1 , Lambert and Clark .

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but if Lambert scores it won't count, even if his is the own goal.... oh, Rickie.... doubtful.

Fancy Vlaar to score this time and done a few little bets, with him to score first and scorecasts 3-0 and 4-0. Which might be a bit ambitous but its great to be optimistic again. This time last year we played QPR and by this point I had already started dreading the worst every game.

As Cracker1234 said, I also have a feeling Bent might get 1 or 2.

From the predictions at work yesterday the general concensus was 3-0/2-0 to Soton. Shows how far we have fallen in the eyes of the general football fan anyway! I'd take a draw now, given they'll be well up for this and would put us on a nice unbeaten run.

the excitement factor is now creeping back in on match days after 2 seasons of dreading it every single week...

today i feel we have a decent chance of getting something but i cant yet go as far as to think we will get a victory..

we are still extremely raw and learning to play together...

Southampton, it could be argued are doing the same, but they are a wounded animal and have put in some very good attacking performances against the top teams...

they will score, im pretty sure of that so we are gonna have to bag at least one to avoid defeat...

first goal will be crucial, if we get it i cant see us losing but if we dont i cant see us winning...

draw for me 1-1

To be fair So'ton have had a hellish first few fixtures - Man City, Man Utd and Arsenal, plus Wigan who got a great win at St.Mary's - I'm not sure how many more points we would have from those fixtures. They will be a wounded animal and will feel they can get their first points on the board against us. We need to silence their fans early on and make the Saints nervous. Hope we continue where we left off against Swansea with positive, attacking football. I can see PL starting with the same XI that started last week. This will be a v.tough game and we will have to keep Lambert quiet. One things for sure, our 3,000+ away fans will be in fine voice as the belief and passion is finally back with our club.