Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

very difficult to predict given they are desperate for points. I expect us to play well, and perhaps if they didn't have 0 points I'd oddly be more confident about winning. As it is, I think it will be a draw which will be of reasonable satisfaction to both teams.

___________________Guzan__________________

__Lowton_____Vlaar__________Clark___Bennett__

____________________KEA____________________

__________Holman___________Bannan_________

___________________Ireland__________________

_____________Bent__________Benteke__________

I'd go for this.

Benteke has definatly earned a start.

Also, though Lichaj didn't do badly against Swansea, he wasn't one of our better performers. I think this is the perfect game to throw Bennett into because he would have faced Southampton last year.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bennett, because Marc Albrighton said he has excellent footwork.

got a feeling that this game could end up as an entertaining draw but i am hoping for the win. As said before if they had a few points i would be much more confident about winning, but a team that is propping up the league with no points are gonna be dangerous. I think we should get the three points, but wouldn't be disheartened with a draw

Most pundits saying a Soton win!

Good.

Yep. The more we stay under the radar, and people write us off, the better I say.

Couldn't agree more. I would definitely put us down as one of the darkhorse's this year, many pundits were putting us down for relegation at the start of the season, which I wasn't surprised with. We have depth all over the field now, I'm feeling very optimistic about this season. Like I said though, can see a 0-0 draw all over this game.

If we win this, Southampton are down.

The way I see it, they didn't expect anything from their first 3 and they didn't get anything. They see us as their first winnable game of the season. But if we turn up and beat them they'll surely think "Oh jeez, even the normal teams are beating us, we haven't a hope". This is like opening day all over again for them. If we go there and get 3 points they'll be destroyed mentally and we'll have softened them up for everyone that comes after. I don't think I'm over-stating it to say that this is the most important game Southampton might play this season.

Huge game for them, with their season "starting against Villa" and all that.

We SHOULD win. Southampton's defence is awful. If we can keep them quiet when they attack we should be able to score a couple.

I think we need wide players in this game. Their fullbacks are poor. Need to get in behind them down the flanks.

Wouldn't be surprised to see N'Zogbia and Benteke (and possibly Gabby in a wide position) start for that reason (Benteke to get on the end of the crosses, not to play on the wing)

Nice to have options and a plan B though.

I'm going for another 2-0 win

If we win this, Southampton are down.

The way I see it, they didn't expect anything from their first 3 and they didn't get anything. They see us as their first winnable game of the season. But if we turn up and beat them they'll surely think "Oh jeez, even the normal teams are beating us, we haven't a hope". This is like opening day all over again for them. If we go there and get 3 points they'll be destroyed mentally and we'll have softened them up for everyone that comes after. I don't think I'm over-stating it to say that this is the most important game Southampton might play this season.

They have lost to Wigan in that time as well.

They strike me as the sort of team that will get themselves up for the big games and perform admirably, whilst ultimately losing most of the time.

Then when they play the lesser teams they don't have that big game motivation and just roll over.

But I agree, lose this and they're probably down already. Although I think they'll end up going down anyway, regardless of whether they beat us.