Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Trust villa to make it easy for teams and allow the worst side in the prem to break their winless streak

We really have been shocking and im sorry Lambert has been to blame today

Shocking subs changing formations at least 5 times especially in midfield you can blame Bent all you like but he's had **** all in terms of support

Why is Bannan even on the pitch?

He isn't, and hasn't been for a while.

He shouldn't be even starting games i fail to see what he brings to the team SPL standard player at best i wish i could steal a career like he does

Bring back joey gudjonsson.... he'd offer more to the side than Bannan does...

I don't rate Bannan or lichaj

WE'RE ALL DOOMED WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

Honestly some of the reactions on VT make me despair. This is Lambert's FOURTH game in the Premier League. We ARE better than last season, we proved that last week. We're just having a bad game. We have kids, it's going to happen. But it will get better. Jeez.

The defence has been weak, the midfield all over the place and the forward line non existent.

Just like last season and the season before. Oh well, nothing changes.

yes it does, it just takes time

would people calm down ffs - there'll be more than a handful of games like this this season

it would be a bit more acceptable if it wasnt vs shit teams though, today was more than winnable and we've **** it up

it'll happen mostly against "shit" teams you'll find. that's generally how massively inconsistent teams do. look at liverpool the last few years - they've done alright against the top teams, but almost always fail miserably against teams that, on paper, they should be beating

we'll have a lot of shit performances, and a fair few beatings like this

The worrying thing for me is not so much the result (Even though Southampton are shite), its certain players performances.

Mainly that of Westwood and El Ahmadi. Our midfield last year wasn't that strong and we brought these two in to bolster it. El Ahmadi was poor against Swansea as well and although its early on for Westwood, I'm not sure exactly what he will bring to the table.

Our goal has to be to stay up this year and consolidate for a little while, but losing already to two promoted sides in West Ham and Southampton doesn't bode well, especially when they are both very poor sides.

Slightly worrying times.