Buying a Suit

maqroll

I own one suit and it's time to toss it in the bin.

I'm looking to buy a modern looking suit for all occasions (weddings, funerals, business), but I don't want to spend much.

What do you think of H&M?

Any brands/stores you'd suggest?

This thread shows the death of the tailor.

I bought three suits, through buying the material myself and taking it to little Mehmet who knocked them up for me for 500tl (£200)

If I was looking at suits in England I'd be looking at the Autograph range at Marks n Spendies.

I had to buy a suit the other month when I did my client pitch recently

I went to M&S and got quite a nice one for somewhere around £200 I think ... General consensus was it looked smart and good quality so much so that I abandoned my plan to leave the tags on it ad take it back after I'd done my pitch on the off chance that I may get to wear it again some day

I bought a suit from Next. The cut is good but the hole where the security tag was put through the shoulder opened up and started fraying. Fortunately they replaced it even though the suit was more than 6 months old!

If you are ever on holiday in south east Asia then head to Hue in Vietnam and have some suits made (I think the Top Gear guys did that in their Vietnam episode). Most of the tailors there work for the big fashion brands and will measure you up. The material is still pricy depending on what you go for but the labour is practically free. You can get a suit worth £5000 for less than £500.

Â