Benteke watch

Didiersix

Difficult to tell from the game, I didn't see anything from him to suggest he will become a cult hero any time soon. In fact I didn't see anything from him to suggest he will be anything but a substitute while he gets used to the pace of the Premier League which may piss him off.

He's a big unit with reasonable touch but from what I saw poor positioning however with the right coaching it will be interesting to see how good he can become.

Nowhere near the finished article but not many 21yr old players are, I just hope both the fans and the player are patient enough to give it time.

Hard to really judge him from one international game. Rooney looks useless most of the time he plays for England, point being I'm not sure international games can always give you the complete picture. For what it's worth though I thought he looked decent. But the time to judge is when he gets a really good run of games in the claret and blue.

I expect him to be a little rough around the edges right now as he's still young and developing. Certainly looks to have some very good 'weapons' though.

Ok Colt hero :)

That's Peyton Manning .

Not any more!

Do they feel he's left them in the lurch in Indy?

OT - NFL network did a piece on him last night suggesting no, i think because they got Luck they feel like its the best for everyone that he moved on (might have been edited to give that view though)

I didn't see anything from him to suggest he will become a cult hero any time soon

You don't have to really play that well to become a cult hero. See makoun, salifou and to an extent angel.

I think the fact we signed him on deadline day combined with the fact we're desperate for any sign of quality this year will make sure that Benteke is a fan favourite regardless of how he performs. Again see the names I mentioned above.

Â