Benteke watch

Didiersix

When i saw the name of the topic i thought it was about the rumours of Benteke being wanted back in Belgium for car jacking charges , anyone else heard this ?

Yeah there is a big discussion about it, in The Benteke thread.

Yeah just checked it out , i really should of looked before opening my mouth :lol:

When i saw the name of the topic i thought it was about the rumours of Benteke being wanted back in Belgium for car jacking charges , anyone else heard this ?

When I saw it, I thought it was about Rory Delap throwing the ball a really long way :P

How good was Carew when he was 21?

He was on of the hottest young prospects in Europe while at Mallorca IIRC (not sure exactly how old he was while there).

He's never played for Mallorca, think you must be thinking of Valencia.

How good was Carew when he was 21?

He was on of the hottest young prospects in Europe while at Mallorca IIRC (not sure exactly how old he was while there).

He's never played for Mallorca, think you must be thinking of Valencia.

Either that or another player entirely!

I wouldn't be gutted if he turned out like Angel, even if I have higher hopes.

I liked Angel, don't get me wrong but in the same way I've loved every other cult hero.

Cult hero's are at times not remembered for being good players.

He had that cracking season (23 goals - including one of the best I've ever seen at VP against Chelski in the league cup, I think) but overall his goalscoring record was pretty shit.

We need goals, bad.

If Benteke turns out to be half as good as Luc Nilis we'd have one hell of a player one our hands. Don't let one moment of cruel fate/Richard Wright shitting on every one of us detract from how good Nilis was (and should have been for us). Ronaldo called him the best player he ever played alongside. But for that **** injury, I genuinely believe we'd have been serious title contenders with Nilis leading the line. ****, I'm getting angry all over again just thinking about it. Argh. ARGH.

If Benteke turns out to be half as good as Luc Nilis we'd have one hell of a player one our hands. Don't let one moment of cruel fate/Richard Wright shitting on every one of us detract from how good Nilis was (and should have been for us). Ronaldo called him the best player he ever played alongside. But for that **** injury, I genuinely believe we'd have been serious title contenders with Nilis leading the line. ****, I'm getting angry all over again just thinking about it. Argh. ARGH.

Shit Gareth, that post looks almost like an opinion. I thought posting those was against the GRDR Code of Conduct manual :P .

He looked ok from the 30 mins or so I saw. Won a lot in the air and held it up well. Wasn't too involved though. To even be given a start in that team is pretty impressive - Belgium have the potential to be one of the top three teams in Europe in terms of personnel in my opinion. If he's part of that - great!

Â