Doing a Man City

AvfcTheObsession

It's indicative of modern society that stuff like this is even debated......everyone wants everything and they want it now and do not see the value or point in working hard for it.

This is so true...

I speak with people day in day out & show them a way they can work hard & over time can become very wealthy & it never ceases to amaze me how they continually turn it down when they see a bit of hard work is involved in the 1st 3 - 5 years :? Bizarre!.. They'd rather get £300 NOW in a typical JOB than get 10,000 per month but have to wait for it to build up?! Odd

It's indicative of modern society that stuff like this is even debated......everyone wants everything and they want it now and do not see the value or point in working hard for it.

This is so true...

I speak with people day in day out & show them a way they can work hard & over time can become very wealthy & it never ceases to amaze me how they continually turn it down when they see a bit of hard work is involved in the 1st 3 - 5 years :? Bizarre!.. They'd rather get £300 NOW in a typical JOB than get 10,000 per month but have to wait for it to build up?! Odd

Can you please tell me how I can be earning £10,000 a month please :D

I take it you were dead against a billionnaire buying us and were outraged when we started spending more than most clubs in Europe?

This is so true...

red-light-pic.jpg

I'm assuming that as my post earlier on in this thread was ignored that everybody believes UEFA aren't going to do anything with the Fiancial Fair Play Regs?

Because if they are enforced then a club like Villa doesn't even have the option of pulling a City, the current European elite will remain that way with the rest of us feeding off their scraps and hoping they don't take the domestic cup competitions seriously and only put out their 3rd 11!

Doesn't matter how hard you work if you don't have significant money, you will get nowhere in the modern game.

#

Really?

Swansea

Montpellier

I take it you were dead against a billionnaire buying us and were outraged when we started spending more than most clubs in Europe?

No, but then that's not the point I'm making.

I support Villa because I love the club, whether we're winning the league or getting relegated I'll still love the club, everything that happens in that respect is inconsequential.

Yes, we'd all love to be at the top but we're not so what's the point in debating it?

Doesn't matter how hard you work if you don't have significant money, you will get nowhere in the modern game.

#

Really?

Swansea

Montpellier

Remind me again what Swansea have won?

#

Really?

Swansea

Montpellier

Success is relative, it doesn't have to be about winning trophies.

They were bottom of the entire football league 10 years ago, now they're near the top of the Prem.

#

Really?

Swansea

Montpellier

They were bottom of the entire football league 10 years ago, now they're near the top of the Prem.

Yes exactly, they prove the point.

In leagues not dominated by money (and the French league did fall into that category, though not anymore) it is possible to work your way up to the top through hard work and good planning.

Now Swansea have reached a league where only massive money can get you anywhere they have hit their ceiling. It doesn’t matter how much harder they work or how well organised they are, they will not with this league with out a multi billionaire investor.

True, but how do you define success for Aston Villa FC? Is finishing 15th or so with the 15th or so wage bill success? If that's your definition, then fair enough that's where we're heading anyway.

#

Really?

Swansea

Montpellier

In leagues not dominated by money (and the French league did fall into that category, though not anymore) it is possible to work your way up to the top through hard work and good planning.

Now Swansea have reached a league where only massive money can get you anywhere they have hit their ceiling. It doesn’t matter how much harder they work or how well organised they are, they will not with this league with out a multi billionaire investor.

Well they're doing okay so far........what is it 2 wins and a draw plus a bag full of goals?

Montpellier won the French league with having one of the smallest budgets in the division, up against seasoned Chumps Lge teams.

I believe you're glossing over these two examples to try and further your own position.

True, but how do you define success for Aston Villa FC? Is finishing 15th or so with the 15th or so wage bill success? If that's your definition, then fair enough that's where we're heading anyway.

No, success for us this season would be, in my opinion to finish mid-table.

Long term, who knows though we should be in and around the top six, Villa have existed now for more than 138 years, who's to say they won't exist for another 138 years, we're all along for the ride and have little or no control over what happens in-between so why not just try to enjoy it rather than complaining all the time that we're not Man United (or Man City as it now is)?

#

Really?

Swansea

Montpellier

Well they're doing okay so far........what is it 2 wins and a draw plus a bag full of goals?

Montpellier won the French league with having one of the smallest budgets in the division, up against seasoned Chumps Lge teams.

I believe you're glossing over these two examples to try and further your own position.

The French league has no where near the money of the Premier League or the Spanish league or even the Italian and German leagues.

I'd fancy Villa to be a challenging for the title in the French league even with our current owner and set up.

We will never challenge for the Premier League title again without a similar level of investment to Man City/Chelsea/Man U.

Even rich teams like Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham won't have a chance of winning it unless they massively boost their spending.

In this league money is the most important factor.

if a multi billionaire was to come in and buy villa, could they also please buy local 'competition' in order to close them to gain back the area, as there would be less clubs to support

just an idea like...

#

Really?

Swansea

Montpellier

The French league has no where near the money of the Premier League or the Spanish league or even the Italian and German leagues.

I'd fancy Villa to be a challenging for the title in the French league even with our current owner and set up.

We will never challenge for the Premier League title again without a similar level of investment to Man City/Chelsea/Man U.

Even rich teams like Arsenal/Liverpool/Tottenham won't have a chance of winning it unless they massively boost their spending.

In this league money is the most important factor.

Okaaaaay, no-ones debating that money rules the league (for now), but the bottom line is we don't have much of it and theres **** all point in debating whether we should have.

Make the best of what we have and support the club, it's all you can ever do at the end of the day

This is so true...

PM me PieFace if your serious

Need to restore some Regional Pride.

I Guess im one of the few that changed from being a Man U fan to a Villa Fan :P

I also did bud, my dad sat me down and made me see the light. Who wants to support United anyway. It'd be a peace of piss. Boohoo we missed out on a title, so let's spunk aload of money on RVP.

Â