Doing a Man City

AvfcTheObsession

Winning stuff, going to European away games, beating top teams. I think that would make me more in happy in my own life so 100% yes. Last season made my weekends depressing when I had to go and watch us lose to the likes of Bolton.

You cant win the premier league without throwing a ton of money at it.

You only have to see the state of Jock football to see what would happen if the bigger clubs did thier own thing, the arrogant way the league clubs treated Rangers will come back to haunt them all with a huge drop in ther revenues from visiting fans and no one wanting to watch such a pissy little league with little to excite, sponsorship is nothing like the Prem. Be careful what you wish for.

I have seen us win 2 Coca Cola Cups in my time. Thats it.

I want more glory than that in my lifetime, so yes it would be nice for us to get a huge cash injection. We would all love of we did a Citeh, Chelsea, PSG, Anzhi, etc. (If u say no, you're lieing).

Its the only way to compete to actually win things.

I remember how excited I was when I heard a billionaire was taking over. I was thinkin its finally our turn in the sun...

I want more glory than that in my lifetime, so yes it would be nice for us to get a huge cash injection. We would all love of we did a Citeh, Chelsea, PSG, Anzhi, etc. (If u say no, you're lieing).

I remember how excited I was when I heard a billionaire was taking over. I was thinkin its finally our turn in the sun...

I said no and spent a fair old time explaining why. Am I telling a lie, or do I just have a different opinion?

That's rubbish. Problem is if we went that way, we sell our soul. If we don't, no success. We can't win. Football is broken, completely and utterly, and until it all implodes on itself and we can start again we can't win either way.

That's rubbish. Problem is if we went that way, we sell our soul. If we don't, no success. We can't win. Football is broken, completely and utterly, and until it all implodes on itself and we can start again we can't win either way.

What does 'selling our soul' mean? As long as we're raiding the likes of Wigan or Middlesbrough for the N'Zogbias and Downings we're not selling it, but if we start spending a lot of money on stars (cough* Bent *cough)we would be?

I hate everything the premiership stands for and I hate the feeling that in all likely hood its more likely that I may never see the Villa won another thing. I firmly believe that hooliganism aside football was in a much better place in the pre premiership era. Roll on the day the game implodes and we can return to proper football.

For me it all about the sense of camaraderie, loyalty and friendship that exists between fellow Villans. Do I need for us to do a Man City NO WAY

What does 'selling our soul' mean? As long as we're raiding the likes of Wigan or Middlesbrough for the N'Zogbias and Downings we're not selling it, but if we start spending a lot of money on stars (cough* Bent *cough)we would be?

As I said, football is already broken, it's all about where you are in the financial power chain and we're above the likes of Wigan and 'Boro, but so far below the Man City's etc it's unbelievable. Football sold it's soul to Sky, Villa included. I have no answer, except lets all burn it down and start over.

As I said, football is already broken, it's all about where you are in the financial power chain and we're above the likes of Wigan and 'Boro, but so far below the Man City's etc it's unbelievable. Football sold it's soul to Sky, Villa included. I have no answer, except lets all burn it down and start over.

Tbh, I fully agree with what you're saying. I just think it's not a matter of doing a Man City at the cost of selling our soul - it's already sold, and it's just a matter of the amount of money to spend right now. So there's no moral high ground to be stood about it, that's just what football is nowadays and it's very unlikely to change.

Whats rubbish is saying silly things like "we sell our soul", utter nonsense! Just because a club has a lot of money doesn't mean it has to give up being charitable. It doesn't mean it stops caring about its supporters. All it means is it goes about trying to be a successful club another way, by using its financial clout.

I have supported this club since the early sixties and I have NEVER seen this soul you talk of us losing. We have been a business, not a very sucessful one, for many years now, businesses don't have souls. They may be "family run",They may have considerate working practices like Cadbury used to have before the septics took it over but thats all, its NOT a living breathing entity with a heart no matter what romantic spin you put on it. We'll all still moan about the state of food, the price of merchandise and quality of football even if we have an oligarch/rich arab or whatever own us. Its what we do.

The only thing we WILL have to worry about is if this person gets bored of his new toy but that has NOTHING to do with losing our "soul". It boils down to one of two things, you either want success or you want to be romantic and live in the 50's or in our case Victorian times when we won the majority of our trophies. In this day and age there is only one way of achieving that.

I agree football is broken and I dread it imploding as it will NEVER get better, all that will happen is we will watch football as poor as the jocks have to do now and the likes of sky will be promoting the "new" Brazilian league or African super league and we wil go the way of italian league football or the bundesliga when it comes to sponsorship money and all our good home grown players will be blinded by the cash from those leagues and we'll only see them on tv but no doubt we'll be happy because we'll still have our soul.....

I have no real problem with City, in fact I much prefer the way they have gone about it than Mourinho's Chelsea for instance. If you're going to spend money then do it with the most exciting players you can possibly buy, don't suffocate the life out of the rest of the league like Jose did. Is it for Villa? I'd rather we slowly built with Lambert, I think the challenge is far greater and we'd have a bit more pride if we ever managed to get to where Spurs and Newcastle have got themselves to recently.

I said no and spent a fair old time explaining why. Am I telling a lie, or do I just have a different opinion?

I never saw you're reply , what im getting at is if we had a squad like citehs, cl football and prem titles in the cabinet you wouldnt want that because of the way we got there? I just want to see my team winning, competing at the highest level, we're not gonna get there any other way are we so fook it- city fans are hella more happy than villa fans, and thats what counts in being a fan surely? Being happy and rubbing it in everyones faces :D

Why would you want to watch david silva dribbling the ball past defenders for fun when you could watch the ball bounce of nzogbia or watch albrighton try really hard before losing it?

Why would you want champions league football and winning trophies when a few thousand can stay behind at the end of the season and have a clap and cheer for just surviving?

Why would you want to watch david silva dribbling the ball past defenders for fun when you could watch the ball bounce of nzogbia or watch albrighton try really hard before losing it?

Why would you want champions league football and winning trophies when a few thousand can stay behind at the end of the season and have a clap and cheer for just surviving?

I don't want either of those things, I want lots of clubs to be able to compete on a reasonably level playing field in something that remembers it's a sport.

Don't get me wrong, i'd much prefer football to be like it was in the 70s and 80s again, teams like Derby could get promoted then win the league first season in the top flight, i'm sure that was 10 times more exciting. Unfortunately that's not realistic in the current climate, and i'd rather see my club fulfil its potential, than away in the darkness like now.

Pretty sure this has been debated in probably 90% of the threads on this board.

Half the people here would rather win something whilst maintaining the integrity and traditions of the club, and half want success now via some cash crazed arab trillionaire.

I don't think anyone would complain about the whys and wherefores if we were to win the league next season but for me, winning it in the manner City have, would taint it for me a little.

Â