Media and punditry

BOF

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Sky's coverage is dead because they've got rid of Tony Cottee? That's definitely one of the more interesting takes I've seen on here.

No just the changes made in the last 2 years. It was getting crap before, it's absolutely abhorrent now.

Like above Sky sports news was never off in my house for a good 10 years morning noon and night weekdays and weekends. I haven't switched to that channel since covid.

YouTubers on shit webcams and laptop microphones in their bedroom (I bet that will continue post lockdown)  Garbage presenters with no personality. Pundits just there to fill a quota and because they are cheap (obvious cost cutting bonus)

It is dry. Not informative. No personalities. Just a bunch of wet blankets.

The BBC's article on the Men's Olympics semifinals doesn't even mention who Spain beat in their match to reach the final...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/58072447

It looked like the second semi-final was heading for penalties until Marco Asensio scored in the 115th minute in Saitama.

The Real Madrid winger came off the bench to score the winning goal with a superb curling strike from inside the box to send Spain to a first Olympic final since they finished runners-up at the 2000 Games in Sydney.

Edited by a-k

5 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Sky's coverage is dead because they've got rid of Tony Cottee? That's definitely one of the more interesting takes I've seen on here.

Sky had been shit for years, got Gary Neville preaching when he is ln the pocket of the big clubs. Tony Cottee means nothing 

Dawson joining soccer Saturday and as a pundit for the premier league games, Carney doing the women’s football and mens games which is crap as all she did was talk nonsense when she was on Amazon doing the punditry

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Dawson joining soccer Saturday and as a pundit for the premier league games, Carney doing the women’s football and mens games which is crap as all she did was talk nonsense when she was on Amazon doing the punditry

Yep, Michelle Owen is brilliant though, love her to bits. 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Yep, Michelle Owen is brilliant though, love her to bits. 

Yeah she at least knows what she’s on about unlike these so called ex pro’s like Carney, Sue Smith and that Lianne Sanderson, dreadful 

• Like 1

Journalism around football transfers is now one paper or website saying a club is interested In a player, and the next day its reported in every other paper, website, blog whatever with the words "according to reports"

And Birmingham live is the worst for it. If a 7 year old wrote on twitter he wanted Messi at villa they run a story linking us with him based on it.

21 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Journalism around football transfers is now one paper or website saying a club is interested In a player, and the next day its reported in every other paper, website, blog whatever with the words "according to reports"

And Birmingham live is the worst for it. If a 7 year old wrote on twitter he wanted Messi at villa they run a story linking us with him based on it.

it'll happen slowly, but i can see these companies eventually going under. we're wise to it now, as are many others. the thing to do is just not click the link...as soon as you do that, they make money.

the grealish debarcle was a classic example. jim white tweets, the papers get all over it "according to reports" etc etc then when white was questioned his repsonse was "did you not see all the reports?" it was his tweet that started it!

14 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

There was one last week where they were rating potential transfer based on bookies odds, but they made it out as if Villa were making major signings. The only good thing Birmingham Live do is their ex player podcasts.

David Pleat co-commentating the Super Cup. Sounds about 100 years old. Mispronouncing every name and his knowledge of football seems not to extent past 2001. Like how much research do you have to do to know Tammy isn't called "Abrahams"? 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

David Pleat co-commentating the Super Cup. Sounds about 100 years old. Mispronouncing every name and his knowledge of football seems not to extent past 2001. Like how much research do you have to do to know Tammy isn't called "Abrahams"? 

I'll never forget how he always used to call Chimbonda 'Chumbumba'.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

My dad still calls Abraham "Abrahams" sometimes and he's a Villa fan FFS. Does my head in.

• Like 1

You Tube or other media platforms, offer far better analysis often by part timer people trying to get into the bloated, rotten, industry.  I have watched several things by HITC sevens which is fantastic in explaining complex situations such as what is happening at Derby County.

• Like 2

BBC Football have asked their 20 pundits to predict the Premier winners.

Predict-ably, 7 have gone for Chel$ea and 13 For Man Cit£h.

Picking their top 4, all 20 "pundits" picked the same teams (Manure,Citeh,Chelsea, Plop) except one who had Leicester.

But...best league in the world :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Â