Media and punditry

BOF

I had the Five Live crew on Iplayer for the game, Chris Sutton is pretty decent and calls the play acting and diving when he sees it.

The company that has the Swedish telly rights Viasat will make all games in the PL available live this season too which is both great and a bit unexpected.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I am sure Pires is jealous of the combined trophy cabinets compared to Danny "I am a Leeds legend but was happy to take more money while they were going bust" Mills

Metz

Arsenal

France

or 

Middlesbrough

Alex Scott has taken over Alan McInallys goal in the other game role in FIFA games 

Shame as I thought he was the only part of the commentary that wasn't absolutely **** terrible 

She should have got dixons role but that's gone to a guy from ESPN

Rae somehow remains 

English media about 6 shitty breakaway clubs when Super League comes up. these clubs are a disgrace, ruining English football

English media now when one of this rocket polisher clubs want to sign from the outsiders. Yes its great for English football, its only right they can cherry pick these players

All scumbags, where is the football hero Gary Neville now, another prick

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

English media about 6 shitty breakaway clubs when Super League comes up. these clubs are a disgrace, ruining English football

English media now when one of this rocket polisher clubs want to sign from the outsiders. Yes its great for English football, its only right they can cherry pick these players

All scumbags, where is the football hero Gary Neville now, another prick

And some people fall for everything they say, the 6 are sky's product, manufactured by them, the games gone.

Then they'll spend 4 months telling you that Leicester are competing for the title, arsenal are back, Leeds and everton are competing for CL... World's most exciting league... 

Then when the same 4 clubs as usual get CL they'll tell you what a great season its been and go back in to trying to sell players to those 4 clubs in the name of excitement 

Its not **** exciting, it's shit 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Then they'll spend 4 months telling you that Leicester are competing for the title, arsenal are back, Leeds and everton are competing for CL... World's most exciting league... 

Then when the same 4 clubs as usual get CL they'll tell you what a great season its been and go back in to trying to sell players to those 4 clubs in the name of excitement 

If Jack and Kane move, they'll turn their attentions to Rice and Philips, and move them to a more fashionable club.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2021 at 10:45, villa4europe said:

Exactly. Smith called it when he said what you want is a competitive top 11/12. Wouldn't even mind a top 6 if it was a little more dynamic.

Thank God. I've been waiting ages to complain about them lining up a black lesbian after they disappointed me with Sherwood and Pulis last time around.

All jokes aside, I didn't realise Cottee was even on it. I've not watched since I was a teenager though.

Sky can try to fiddle around with it all they want, but the long term prospects of model died once illegal streams became so easy to find and everyone had something to watch on.

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Thank God. I've been waiting ages to complain about them lining up a black lesbian after they disappointed me with Sherwood and Pulis last time around.

All jokes aside, I didn't realise Cottee was even on it. I've not watched since I was a teenager though.

Sky can try to fiddle around with it all they want, but the long term prospects of model died once illegal streams became so easy to find and everyone had something to watch on.

Why do you insist on wanting to watch the football when for only about £50 quid a month you can watch some miserable old blokes spout ill-informed bollocks for hours on end? All the fun of being stood at ther bar, without the numbing agent of alcohol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

to be fair last season did they even have any saturday 3pm PL games? at best they're down to maybe 3 or 4

they've killed their own product by putting the games on at any time bar the soccer saturday slot, they might have to start including bundesliga or other saturday 3pm games from around europe to make it more exciting 

the other thing is that because of various apps and other things do the betters even watch it anymore? if you've got an accie with some league 1 games you dont need geoff to keep you up to speed anymore

i just dont what purpose its serving - the only possible way that they rescue it is by being able to show the goals 

Edited by villa4europe

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sky's coverage is dead. Cottee is pretty decent likeable bloke. Will be replaced by some YouTuber you get me cuz fam

You know that Lianne Sanderson will be on it, she’s a dreadful pundit, always in a suit thats 3 sizes to big for her 😂 it’s bad enough Sue Smith is on every sat, I switched it off soon as the regulars got the chop at the start of last season

8 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Sky's coverage is dead. Cottee is pretty decent likeable bloke. Will be replaced by some YouTuber you get me cuz fam

Sky's coverage is dead because they've got rid of Tony Cottee? That's definitely one of the more interesting takes I've seen on here.

• Haha 1

Â