Media and punditry

BOF

20 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

My favourite will always be Peter Brackley and Ray Wilkins.

Football Italia easily the best show on a Sunday and gazetta on a Saturday morning 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

He was married to Natalie Sawyer from Sky Sports News, they had a son and called him Sawyer Matterface.  I don't know why even that annoys me, but it does.  My favourite commentary team was always Kevin Keatings and Gerry Armstrong from the Sky La Liga days.  Criminally underused, especially Keatings.

Ahh,Natalie Sawyer and La Liga.Sky hasn't been the same since they left.

Keatings was great but Armstrong used to do my scone in.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He was married to Natalie Sawyer from Sky Sports News, they had a son and called him Sawyer Matterface.  I don't know why even that annoys me, but it does.  My favourite commentary team was always Kevin Keatings and Gerry Armstrong from the Sky La Liga days.  Criminally underused, especially Keatings.

Armstrong was brilliant, he did the World Cup in 2002 for some station and he was talking about these players in pre Youtube days from the Dutch and French leagues like Rommedahl and Diouf and he was so knowledgable

20 years later we have Danny Murphy demanding Adama over Pedri or Sarabia who he never heard of

• Like 1

On 29/06/2021 at 19:57, choffer said:

Klinsmann really is a class act. I could listen to him talk about football all day. 

Quite classy reminding viewers how much covid has had an terrible impact in North Italy. He must still have connections from his Inter Milan days.

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Somebody has decided that Harry Redknapp needs a podcast, watched one or two clips and its a tough listen

Watched that Jamie Redknapp show on Sky with his dad and guests on. Very long watch that was. I'm not sure Harry knew what day it was or where he was.

He's winding down now.

So Jemaine Jenas saying there was a little nibble, a slight touch so it was a penalty yet he preached how it was right for an example to set against watkins for diving. What a bloody hypocrite. He makes me cringe. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Just seen this on twitter, both are awful

OFFICIAL COMMENTARY TEAMS FOR THE FINAL:

BBC One: Mowbray and Jenas
ITV: Matterface and Dixon

Radio 5live commentary then! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Will try that then, thanks.

If you use the iPlayer (if your telly has it) then you get HD picture + radio comms. But sometimes that’s no better, not the comms, but the summariser, I mean.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

If you use the iPlayer (if your telly has it) then you get HD picture + radio comms. But sometimes that’s no better, not the comms, but the summariser, I mean.

I do watch it through iPlayer on the TV . . . what do I have to press to get the radio comms?

I agree the summarisers are not always better; I feel like they used to be. I always used to like Jimmy Armfield :(

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I do watch it through iPlayer on the TV . . . what do I have to press to get the radio comms?

I agree the summarisers are not always better; I feel like they used to be. I always used to like Jimmy Armfield :(

On my telly, for bbc England games I’ve gone to the sort of tv home page where there’s a list of the apps, podged iPlayer and the option has been there as “watch live” or “watch from start”. I’ve podged on watch live and then a thing appeared for selecting radio comms with a coloured button…but beer had been taken so I may have remembered that a bit wrong. Basically I sort of stumbled across it, as I’m not really familiar with this new Android telly for the complicated stuff. In fact I’m wondering if I did it on the sky box bbc app. Perhaps a small child or geek may be available to help us :)  and yes JA was good.

• Like 1

Watching the tennis and they have Henman and Becker alongside Andrew Cotter and both are informative and interesting to listen to.

They clearly pick the wrong ex-pros for football commentary (probably down to the media bias of who they played for!) 

• Like 1

Â