Media and punditry

BOF

14 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Martin Keown, during the Arsenal game said Ramsey ‘must have impressed in the FA cup match vs Liverpool’ (after he’d come on as sub), nice research dipshit.

Also, funny how he’s suddenly remembered he used to play for Villa....

I remember him saying a month ago that he researched team for 3 days prior to commentary..... yeah right,  also he said we where targeting Saka, poor old Saka  I have never heard anybody say Grealish is targeted, fouled yes but never unfairly targeted 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I remember him saying a month ago that he researched team for 3 days prior to commentary..... yeah right,  also he said we where targeting Saka, poor old Saka  I have never heard anybody say Grealish is targeted, fouled yes but never unfairly targeted 

Keowngoal.

A lot of our former players don't seem to care for Villa.

I blame Doug Ellis.

BBC have done an article on the best players out of contract this summer per position. Forward was Messi

Honorable mentions: Zlatan, Giroud, Jovetic, Troy Deeney 😂😂😂

Edited by Zatman

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

BBC have done an article on the best players out of contract this summer per position. Forward was Messi

Honorable mentions: Zlatan, Giroud, Jovetic, Troy Deeney 😂😂😂

Wanted to make sure there was something in the article for fans of bottom-half Championship teams.

Very inclusive really!

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Another week another predicted loss by lawrenson

Just posted this elsewhere.

Have you seen the league table based on his predictions? Villa on 23 points, Leedszz on 49!!!!!

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just posted this elsewhere.

Have you seen the league table based on his predictions? Villa on 23 points, Leedszz on 49!!!!!

He hates us, always has and will do even more so after the 7-2.

Leeds on 49 points though would have them 2nd and above Liverpool so that's insane. Although he probably has Liverpool on 100 points already. 

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

He hates us, always has and will do even more so after the 7-2.

Leeds on 49 points though would have them 2nd and above Liverpool so that's insane. Although he probably has Liverpool on 100 points already. 

Liverpool he has 4th but only 1 loss 😂😂

The loss he predicted was probably mentioned in this thread, it was against Man City before Xmas and ended a predicted unbeaten streak of 159 Premier League games for Liverpool.  

The man comes across as a complete miserable clearing in the woods to be honest. I didn't much like him 15 years ago, and he's only got worse. One of those people in football who doesn't seem to enjoy it at all, which is such an absurd situation to be in. There are probably literally hundreds of thousands of people in the world, if not millions, who could do his job better and with more enthusiasm. At least Hansen had a better sense of when to call it a day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I have no interest in what weekly predictions the relic has to offer.

the most surprising thing is the BBC keep publishing his drivel and can only imagine that he contributes for free... 

Lawro and Crooks is money well spent

• Haha 2

The fact he is advertised as 'Mark Lawrenson - BBC Football Expert' is a piss take in itself. I'd expect a true expert to be able to name the probable strongest 11 of each team in at least the premier league and know most of their squads as well. He could probably just about manage it for Liverpool 

Lawro ... they have gone win-loss-win-loss-win in their past five games. I think that pattern will continue here, with a defeat.

He said Villa have been a bit up and down ...  true.

But predicting based on a pattern? Or at least there was no other analysis.

10 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

He said Villa have been a bit up and down ...  true.

But predicting based on a pattern? Or at least there was no other analysis.

I would imagine his career still has to tie his shoelaces and wipe the Chucky egg off his shirt before he starts his predictions each week

Â