Media and punditry

BOF

Still hasn't picked West Brom to win a game :crylaugh:

Going by his predictions, he must think they are the worst team to ever compete in the Premier League.

Edited by Hornso

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I’m quite liking all this football on tv, but when the world opens back up will the live coverage get cut back down? 

Be a shame of it does. 

Villa fans travelling to Burnley for a 6pm kick off? Newcastle fans down to brum for a 8pm Saturday night kick off

I think my time as an away fan always comes first in my head, got no problem with games being on TV but the times take the piss

We have a really good away fan culture in our football which I think the governing bodies don't actually want but it would be a massive shame if we lost it, especially due to the TV companies 

On 31/12/2020 at 11:01, It's Your Round said:

Garth Crooks. I don’t really need to say any more, but I will. 

His team of the year is out, featuring Mings and Grealish. 

Garth's Team of the Year

He had this to say on Grealish 

Jack Grealish: The contribution Grealish made to Aston Villa's Premier League survival last season was quite extraordinary. However, what has taken place since Villa's miraculous escape from relegation has been phenomenal. They put seven goals past Liverpool, three past Leicester with 10 men and even topped the table during the early part of the season. Grealish has been their mastermind in every single game. The issue now facing the Villa star is can he do the same for his country?

While it’s nice that he’s included Jack, I can’t help but feel he doesn’t really watch the games. 

I'm late to this, but I'm now completely convinced that Garth Crooks and the BBC are fully aware that the only reason people give a shit about his teams of the week and season is because of these ridiculous mistakes he puts in there.

I'm convinced they're now on purpose

On 26/01/2021 at 15:52, a-k said:

I know it's Lawro, but this is ridiculous...Leeds in Europe with more wins than two teams above them in the table combined. You can say we have overachieved based on expectations at the start of the season, but NINE more wins than a team with DCL, James, Digne, etc??? Good to know the BBC license fee is being put to good use...

XBh634y.png

In the surprise of the week, Lawro has gone for Leeds to win 2-1 at Leicester. In his prediction table, he's got a newly promoted side a few points ahead of Spurs, Arsenal, and Leicester, 20 points ahead of Everton, and 23 points ahead of us. It's incredible, even if he does get the prediction right this week.

The commentators on the Southampton game were awful. Noshing Southampton off all first half like they were steamrollering us and we we hanging on. They didn't have a shot on target as far as I can remember. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Lady on BT to Tuchel, big derby game next against Spurs, it just little things but the media need rogering with a 1952 Scammell 20LA.

She tidy mate?

• Haha 1

I will say in Lawro’s defence... if I was placing bets on every game this season I’d probably never select Baggies, Shef Utd or Fulham to win unless they were playing each other. Same goes for City and Liverpool losing/drawing.

Having said that, I do **** hate the guy.

• Haha 1

Transfer deadline day on sky is bloody awful nowadays, dragging the likes of Lianne Sanderson out who just said grealish needs to join Utd in the summer, we had the wisdom of Sue smith this morning, soon switched off and back to the work laptop, bad enough shes on nearly everyday and on soccer Saturday that hardly anyone watches no more

Just now, rbcuk said:

Transfer deadline day on sky is bloody awful nowadays, dragging the likes of Lianne Sanderson out who just said grealish needs to join Utd in the summer, we had the wisdom of Sue smith this morning, soon switched off and back to the work laptop, bad enough shes on nearly everyday and on soccer Saturday that hardly anyone watches no more

The 2 transfer gurus they use now might the 2 sorriest excuses for football pundits going

And the competition for that is fierce 

Utterly clueless

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The 2 transfer gurus they use now might the 2 sorriest excuses for football pundits going

And the competition for that is fierce 

Utterly clueless

I can guess who your on about without putting it on, Kaveh and Darmesh both are awful they have no sources yet that’s all you hear from dumb n dumber

• Like 1

Â