Media and punditry

BOF

On 02/01/2021 at 20:18, Keyblade said:

Jim Beglin. Does nothing but state the bleeding obvious. We already have the main commentator for that. What exactly does he add? No insight, no thoughts a child wouldn't have thought of. Not even entertaining. I'd rather hear someone like Tim Sherwood on there but I guess his cockney accent is too thick to be up there.

I swear a player could have his leg snapped in half and Jim Beglin would say 'He's gone down easily there'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I swear a player could have his leg snapped in half and Jim Beglin would say 'He's gone down easily there'.

Predictably, after a nasty Luke Shaw challenge he says he got the ball and it happens the follow through looks bad on replays. You'd have to have a leg sawn clean off onto the pitch for him to admit a penalty/red card.

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

Gary **** Neville needs to stop commentating anything manchester related.

Needs to stop commentating fullstop. I think at one point today in a 5 minute VAR he stated Luke Shaw would be lucky to escape a red about 17 times.

• Like 1

I've come to the conclusion that Lee Hendrie is actually a pretty good commentator. 

Noice to hear a bit of Brummie on the airwaves too.  And glad he's sorted his life out. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've come to the conclusion that Lee Hendrie is actually a pretty good commentator. 

Noice to hear a bit of Brummie on the airwaves too.  And glad he's sorted his life out. 

he and liam rosenior's matchday analysis is probably the only thing i miss about the championship. glad he's doing prem games now too...definitely seems like his punditry career is doing in the right direction.

• Like 1

I have said them before but since lockdown again I have been watching a lot more of the Under The Cosh podcasts and they are really improving the quality of the interviews in recent times. Watched Duberry, Paddy Kenny and Luke Steele in the last week and all different styles and really fun and insightful. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

I have said them before but since lockdown again I have been watching a lot more of the Under The Cosh podcasts and they are really improving the quality of the interviews in recent times. Watched Duberry, Paddy Kenny and Luke Steele in the last week and all different styles and really fun and insightful. 

In the last few months I started listening to them from the start. Quality early on is low but there are some great anecdotes on there. Nicky Weaver's stories about Jerome Thomas whilst at Charlton had me in tears

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

In the last few months I started listening to them from the start. Quality early on is low but there are some great anecdotes on there. Nicky Weaver's stories about Jerome Thomas whilst at Charlton had me in tears

yeah I think at the start it was a bit rough and relying maybe on the banter but they have matured(maybe not Parkin) and I think the format is a lot better. 1st few I saw were meh but maybe was teething issues

Seems like a good time to mention the commentary team International viewers had last night for our game against City was somebody I can't remember and Chris Sutton and both of them had a hard time figuring out what Villa were upset about...

9 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Seems like a good time to mention the commentary team International viewers had last night for our game against City was somebody I can't remember and Chris Sutton and both of them had a hard time figuring out what Villa were upset about...

That guy was so annoying, he was obviously cheering for City. Worst part was about 20 minutes in and City were passing it outside the box and all he talked about was Villa withstanding constant intense pressure. Neither keeper had made a save really at this point

Jim Beglin is really grinding my gears lately. He's terrible but some big wig in a suit seemed to have decided he's the best and biggest co-commentator in the game and I have to hear him repeat the bleeding obvious every game and wave away every penalty and red card shout ever.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Jim Beglin is really grinding my gears lately. He's terrible but some big wig in a suit seemed to have decided he's the best and biggest co-commentator in the game and I have to hear him repeat the bleeding obvious every game and wave away every penalty and red card shout ever.

I used to like Beglin as he was one of the only Irish/UK commentators to do some research for European games but over the years he got extremely smug

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Beglin and Hinchcliffe have got in my head. I can't concentrate because I hate them so much.

Hinchcliffe particularly. He's such a smug arsehole. Criticises everything from every player.

"Ah he was covering the near post there but he should have checked behind him and made his way to the back post to cut that off"

No, he was in the correct position. Just because whoever put a good cross in doesn't mean he should have moved out of position before the cross came in. If he moves, the cross probably goes to the much more dangerous near post.

He's an idiot. Seems to think every single thing that plays out is an error by someone, it's never good play unless it's De Bruyne or Messi.

• Like 1

Â