Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Konsa?

We know that Konsa has been as good as or even better than Mings, and Garth Crooks should know it because this is his job after all, but on this one he is far from alone in not recognising Konsa, who seems to be flying under the radar somewhat.

And there's possibly an argument that Mings edges it for his leadership skills, if not perhaps his form on the pitch.

Edited by HanoiVillan

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

That would require these pundits to actually watch games, it’s abundantly clear they’ve no clue outside a small handful of clubs.

It's funny to see them constantly refer to Mings as the reason for our better defence when he's been our worst defender this season. They just see him in the England squad and assume he's playing well.

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's funny to see them constantly refer to Mings as the reason for our better defence when he's been our worst defender this season. They just see him in the England squad and assume he's playing well.

To be fair he is playing well, konsa is playing better but mings is doing his bit

Not sure why villa fans response to our player being in a team of the year is to instantly disagree 😂

Neville and carragher in particular for me is interesting because they will see things like his positioning and his leadership and what he does for 89 minutes of a game when others just want to see the 1 minute when he gets a bit jittery

I would be amazed if there was anyone outside of villa who thought that konsa is the best CB in the league, he won't make any pundits list

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair he is playing well, konsa is playing better but mings is doing his bit

Not sure why villa fans response to our player being in a team of the year is to instantly disagree 😂

Neville and carragher in particular for me is interesting because they will see things like his positioning and his leadership and what he does for 89 minutes of a game when others just want to see the 1 minute when he gets a bit jittery

I would be amazed if there was anyone outside of villa who thought that konsa is the best CB in the league, he won't make any pundits list

It’s called being objective rather than holding a bias, I don’t think Mings has had a bad year but team of the year? No chance.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

It’s called being objective rather than holding a bias, I don’t think Mings has had a bad year but team of the year? No chance.

Agree, mings shouldn't be there and I'm surprised that he is 

But I don't want to slap him down either, crooks aside because he is a **** idiot, if carragher, neville and others want him in there then I'll quietly disagree but I'm not intending on shouting it from the rooftops why they're wrong, glass half full at least one Villa defender is getting recognised for the huge turn around our defence has made 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree, mings shouldn't be there and I'm surprised that he is 

But I don't want to slap him down either, crooks aside because he is a **** idiot, if carragher, neville and others want him in there then I'll quietly disagree but I'm not intending on shouting it from the rooftops why they're wrong, glass half full at least one Villa defender is getting recognised for the huge turn around our defence has made 

Any sort of recognition of our players only helps our cause in terms of raising profile and attracting players. We want players to see us as a club where they can achieve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

It's all opinions, but I think Mings has played for much more of the year than Ezri hasn't he? and he's also done well for England. It's team of the year, not season so far, where I'd definitely choose Konsa above him.

Out of interest (ie I'm too lazy...) how many players have we had in pfa teams of the year over the years? 

I'm think mcgrath got player, milner I think got young player, young might have got in at one point but I'm guessing we haven't had 2 players in a team of the year for a long long time? 

2 players in there, when spurs have 1, arsenal, Chelsea and man City have 0 (wheres KDB?) 

And with grealish vs Fernandes and salah we have a genuine contender for the PLs best player

Madness considering what we are compared to utd and Liverpool, not sure if the PL player of the year has ever come from a relegation threatened / mid table PL team before (again too lazy...)

Young got in team of the year twice, and Dunne got in once for us all well. Not sure we've ever had two in there.

They run over a season rather than a calendar year, so we have a while to see if we get anyone in this time around.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not particularly defending the Mings choice, but who do you put there instead? Van Dijk, and ignore his injury? Dias? Vestergaard?

Vestergaard isn’t a bad shout, perhaps one of the Leicester CBs? Mings is definitely up there for this year no doubt.

The SKY loving of United was sickening today. Might as well have live streamed it on OnlyFans for the United contingent. 

at times the questioning was more loaded than the mini gun in Predator. 

They literally shoe horned Jack to United in three times. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

The SKY loving of United was sickening today. Might as well have live streamed it on OnlyFans for the United contingent. 

at times the questioning was more loaded than the mini gun in Predator. 

They literally shoe horned Jack to United in three times. 

I dont even think they paid attention to the Villa penalty complaints

Luckily Sky will be out of business in 2 or 3 years 

Jim Beglin. Does nothing but state the bleeding obvious. We already have the main commentator for that. What exactly does he add? No insight, no thoughts a child wouldn't have thought of. Not even entertaining. I'd rather hear someone like Tim Sherwood on there but I guess his cockney accent is too thick to be up there.

• Like 1

Â