Media and punditry

BOF

New season means the experts are back. Danny Murphy wants VAR scrapped already

Paul Merson has publically apologised to Harry Maguire after saying he wasn't worth the money and the Chelsea game has proved him wrong already πŸ˜‚

On a more positive note, the Football Ramble has moved to a daily show and it's pretty good.

Not all of it. I haven't really enjoyed the Tuesday show, even though Andy Brassell is good. And "Ramble Meets..." is a bit hit and miss depending on the guest.

The Blizzrd show on a Saturday is great though. There's only been one so far but it was excellent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

New season means the experts are back. Danny Murphy wants VAR scrapped already

Paul Merson has publically apologised to Harry Maguire after saying he wasn't worth the money and the Chelsea game has proved him wrong already πŸ˜‚

Why does British media/football world promote people who, even to an unprofessional eye, have no clue?

Do you remember last year there was a bit debate in the media about giving foreign managers a chance rather than people like Bruce or Fat Sam?

Why are these views still media driven?

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Why does British media/football world promote people who, even to an unprofessional eye, have no clue?

Do you remember last year there was a bit debate in the media about giving foreign managers a chance rather than people like Bruce or Fat Sam?

Why are these views still media driven?

Think it was Hull appointed Marco Silva and the same idiots thought he was nobody compared to Gary Rowett :D

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think it was Hull appointed Marco Silva and the same idiots thought he was nobody compared to Gary Rowett :D

On the other hand Adams, Neville and Moyes disaster tour of Spain has put English management back about 50 years on the continentΒ 

it was the guff that came with it, winning the title with olympiacos "I can do that" of course you can merse

said many many times, I don't mind them having an opinion that I don't agree with, I don't mind that much if they're a bit of a dick, what I do mind is a bloke being paid hundreds of thousands a year to watch football and yet every time he opens his mouth you can tell that he obviously doesn't

if you don't know something about something then don't pretend you do just to get paid (danny mills) if you are being paid to know something then do your **** job! half of us would give our right arm to do their job on our current salary let alone live the life they're robbing from it

Edited by villa4europe

I see durham went fishing for villa fans last night, mings played brilliantly vs spurs but that's him peaked for the season and the nature of our collapse is why we wont stay up

as per above post I don't mind durham because I genuinely think he does live football and outside of TS he would probably be quite interesting, he's just a professional wind up merchant, he's not talking "shit" he's cleverer than that, facetious as **** , don't agree with him and wouldn't dream of tweeting him let alone ringing him, he got a lot of bites, people should know better

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I see durham went fishing for villa fans last night, mings played brilliantly vs spurs but that's him peaked for the season and the nature of our collapse is why we wont stay up

as per above post I don't mind durham because I genuinely think he does live football and outside of TS he would probably be quite interesting, he's just a professional wind up merchant, he's not talking "shit" he's cleverer than that, facetious as **** , don't agree with him and wouldn't dream of tweeting him let alone ringing him, he got a lot of bites, people should know better

He was the one who I mentioned I'd heard literally change his mind in the middle of a call because he realised too many people were agreeing with him.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was the one who I mentioned I'd heard literally change his mind in the middle of a call because he realised too many people were agreeing with him.

that's the thing with durham and to an extent the likes of piers morgan and katie Hopkins - its not his opinion, its his job, I dont believe for 1 minute that's what he actually thinks

that's why I can shut out his nonsense quite easily, when ian wright was with him I enjoyed it, with gough im not in the slightest bit interested

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's the thing with durham and to an extent the likes of piers morgan and katie Hopkins - its not his opinion, its his job, I dont believe for 1 minute that's what he actually thinks

that's why I can shut out his nonsense quite easily, when ian wright was with him I enjoyed it, with gough im not in the slightest bit interested

Totally OT but that's the exact argument I had with a woman at work.

She said "I don't agree with Katie Hopkins' opinions, but I like that she's not afraid to say what she think"

My argument was, for the most part, it absolutely isn't what she thinks. She's just realised that spouting that nonsense gets her an audience

• Like 1

Disagree, think he's made some really good points in the analysis of the games. Good addition if he's going to be a regular on it this season.

Edit: Can feel his passion on VAR and I think many on here would agree with him regarding the raw emotion being taken out of the game.

Edited by VillaChris

32 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Disagree, think he's made some really good points in the analysis of the games. Good addition if he's going to be a regular on it this season.

Edit: Can feel his passion on VAR and I think many on here would agree with him regarding the raw emotion being taken out of the game.

He made a few good points, no argument there.

All I'm saying is that it was boring as hell.

Edited by Mic09

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚