Media and punditry

BOF

Couldn't afford to pay him after Hansen. The production team on MOTD were asked if they wanted Hansen to carry on this season. Every single one said no. Rude, ignorant, and not a good pundit. Bigwigs see him as a fixture, but I think this will be his last season because he's so unpopular there.

Couldn't afford to pay him after Hansen. The production team on MOTD were asked if they wanted Hansen to carry on this season. Every single one said no. Rude, ignorant, and not a good pundit. Bigwigs see him as a fixture, but I think this will be his last season because he's so unpopular there.

How do you know this? What is your source? I have to say Hanson does come across as very grumpy.

Stopped listening to Talksport a while ago now.

Regarding Alan Hansen, he's absolutely crap. Cannot stand the man. MOTD needs a major overhaul, but that's been said by many on here and elsewhere before.

One commentator I really enjoy listening to is Ray Hudson, a Geordie who works for ESPN America. Really funny to listen to. His usual co-commentator is really good too - an American guy but I'm not sure of his name. He's possibly the one who exclaimed the now legendary "No goal for you!" after Guzan's save in the Peace Cup, but I'm not sure. If anyone has a clip of that by the way, I'd love to have it!

Adrian Durham anyone? :lol: Technically he is not a pundit, but I think he is a marmite character who divides opinion like Savage.

Durham is too much of a WUM on the Drive time show really which is a shame as he's proven before he is an excellent presenter.

I remember a few years back Talksport used to do a Monday night european football show with Durham joined by Balague, Marcotti, Hongestein and a few other european journos.

Adrian Durham anyone? :lol: Technically he is not a pundit, but I think he is a marmite character who divides opinion like Savage.

Durham is too much of a WUM on the Drive time show really which is a shame as he's proven before he is an excellent presenter.

I remember a few years back Talksport used to do a Monday night european football show with Durham joined by Balague, Marcotti, Hongestein and a few other european journos.

Used to listen to that myself, it was a decent listen.

Sunday Supplement is ok if youre happy to listen to in depth analysis of Spurs and Arsenal for 2 hours every weekend .

If ever a batch of poison croissants needed to be made it's for that programme. I'll never forgive Brian Woolnough for the way he used to talk to Jimmy Hill.

The thought of having breakfast with Brian Woolnough is quite traumatising

Spooky his name cropped up just there as Brian Woolnough passed away today. Died of Bowel Cancer aged 63.

Agree or disagree with him, he was one of the dominant journalist heavyweights growning up and his booming voice was always going at the FA in the numerous press conferences explaining England management changes in the late 90s.

RIP.

Ray Hudson is amusing, but I am still somewhat annoyed about the fact that he ripped off Sid Waddell's act lock, stock & barrel.

He can't help sounding the same! He's a geordie!

He bloody loved Riquelme though, didn't he?

I think there is a lot more to the similarities between Ray Hudson and Sid Waddell than a shared regional accent.

Hudson is basically a Sid Waddell impersonator, it's not necessarily a bad thing of course but Hudson's shtick is wholly unoriginal which is a shame when you consider most of his audience have no idea who Waddell was.

Â