Media and punditry

BOF

Getting really **** tiresome now. Referee and his team makes 20 shit calls a game, forgotten about within 2 minutes and brushed under aside as "they even themselves out"
VAR makes one debateable call one way or another and...

e0c.gif

Again, a bunch of old words removed who haven't been told it isn't 2002 anymore. MOVE ON AND SHUT THE **** UP YOU DOUR words removed.

• Like 2

"If it is to be implemented it has to be accurate."

The system we have now isn't accurate, and it only has to be better than that....and it is.
Come down to a game at Villa Park, pick one, any of them and see what we have to put up with on a weekly basis. Please.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Getting really **** tiresome now. Referee and his team makes 20 shit calls a game, forgotten about within 2 minutes and brushed under aside as "they even themselves out"
VAR makes one debateable call one way or another and...

e0c.gif

Again, a bunch of old words removed who haven't been told it isn't 2002 anymore. MOVE ON AND SHUT THE **** UP YOU DOUR words removed.

As for Lineker, Shearer and Jenas in the studio, jebus, moaning about the shoulder positioning, if that had be given under normal conditions they would be throwing their toys out of the pram

Growing up watching football in the 90’s, having Hansen, Brooking and Hill as the regular Match of the Day pundits....too young to realise how good I had it. And I didn’t particularly like Jimmy that much but blimey I’d have him ahead of Jenas.

• Like 1

Is Danny Murphy being deliberately thick?
"Not sure what they are looking at."

The goal. Checking the goal for offside. The thing it's built for and there for.

*goal gets wrongly allowed.
"Why didn't you check that multi million pound system guys? Implemented at great expense, and fought for over a great deal of time?"

"...looked alright in real time. My bad."

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

The Spygate has really brought out the weird ex-player opinions. Peter Shilton was visibly upset when he found out Bielsa was Argentinian after thinking he was Italian. Dean Saunders going on multiple rants about Bolasie (he meant Bielsa) and saying he did similar analysis when he was a manager

Wont even start with Martin Keown take on it

22 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Growing up watching football in the 90’s, having Hansen, Brooking and Hill as the regular Match of the Day pundits....too young to realise how good I had it. And I didn’t particularly like Jimmy that much but blimey I’d have him ahead of Jenas.

We also had Motson and the brilliant Barry Davies. Tony Gubba was good back up and even Ken Wolstenholme was involved. The current crop of commentators are garbage, they all sound the same, highly generic voices with little in the way of interesting things to say. The pundits are at an all time low to, Hill was absolutely brilliant, admittedly controversial (on purpose) but made many great points and frankly offered brilliant diagnoses of what was wrong with English football and the national side.

We will never have it that good again. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

The contrast between Alex Scott and Paul Ince on Football Focus is astounding. She brings genuine insight and shows knowledge of the game whereas he just spouts out cliches.

"Those 3 [Boly, Coady and Bennett] all compliment each other, Coady playing diagonal balls and Boly driving, bringing the midfield into play"

vs

"Boly to me, is like Van Dijk to Liverpool".

On 17/01/2019 at 18:45, Zatman said:

The Spygate has really brought out the weird ex-player opinions. Peter Shilton was visibly upset when he found out Bielsa was Argentinian after thinking he was Italian. Dean Saunders going on multiple rants about Bolasie (he meant Bielsa) and saying he did similar analysis when he was a manager

Wont even start with Martin Keown take on it

He got a tad carried away didn't he?

I'd rank him along side Garth Crooks as one of the most irritating pundits on tv. 

On 16/01/2019 at 21:15, rodders0223 said:

Is Danny Murphy being deliberately thick?
"Not sure what they are looking at."

The goal. Checking the goal for offside. The thing it's built for and there for.

*goal gets wrongly allowed.
"Why didn't you check that multi million pound system guys? Implemented at great expense, and fought for over a great deal of time?"

"...looked alright in real time. My bad."

He is now moaning tonight that Burnley would have won today with VAR. What a donkey

• Like 1

Â