Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, Xela said:

All the Sky Sports Soccer Saturday team - Thompson, Le Tiss, Nicholas, Merson, etc. 

All words removed. 

They were great before they realised we were all laughing at them and not with them.

Now they all think they are God's gift to television. I haven't watched Soccer Saturday in about 2 years. Absolute wank fest between the lot of them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

They were great before they realised we were all laughing at them and not with them.

Now they all think they are God's gift to television. I haven't watched Soccer Saturday in about 2 years. Absolute wank fest between the lot of them.

This this this, ain't watched it in years, the worst thing they did was keep the same panel, it turned it into a sitcom. There's only so many times you can laugh at merse pretending to mispronounced a player name

• Like 1

On 30/11/2018 at 19:47, Zatman said:

2 football experts have picked the combined Arsenal and Spurs XI for weekend. Only 3 points between 2 teams and Arsenal have scored more goals

a victory for the great minds today

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Ian Holloway on EFL On Quest saying we were never going to forgive Bruce for his SHA connections. **** off.

How anyone with more than two brain cells can still actually believe this is baffling.

But then again, it is Holloway.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2018 at 09:32, Zatman said:

He told a "funny" story about Brian Clough drunken antics when Forest tried to sign him

Which was called complete fabrication by Clough agent who was present 

I'm positive the whole after dinner speaking circuit involving footballers just entirely consists of regurgitating made up stories about famous footballers and managers.

Saunders was stupid enough to tell it on the radio where people could cal him out for it.

• Like 1

Really happy memories of watching it at uni over a decade ago. Adopting teams/players for no reason and checking betting slips.

Now it's ridiculous. They've clearly been told to shout a lot and make their game sound exciting. They just bellow any time the ball is in the box.

And the clichés. My God. The old, past it, irrelevant clichés.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

part of me thinks that its crazy that they havent made a real push to freshen it up for about 6/7 years now but then at the same time i've tried watching the BBC and BT version and they are miles worse

One thing in the BBC and BT's favour is that they have women on it who actually come across as quite bright and knowledgeable, albeit I haven't watched Soccer Saturday in a few years so they may have them on there too.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

part of me thinks that its crazy that they havent made a real push to freshen it up for about 6/7 years now but then at the same time i've tried watching the BBC and BT version and they are miles worse

Do BBC still have Garth Crooks? A true entertainer

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm positive the whole after dinner speaking circuit involving footballers just entirely consists of regurgitating made up stories about famous footballers and managers.

Saunders was stupid enough to tell it on the radio where people could cal him out for it.

Another i dont get is the after dinner circuit. Do people actually pay money to listen to Dean Saunders, David Batty or Rob Lee etc. talk football anecdotes

21 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Really happy memories of watching it at uni over a decade ago. Adopting teams/players for no reason and checking betting slips.

Now it's ridiculous. They've clearly been told to shout a lot and make their game sound exciting. They just bellow any time the ball is in the box.

And the clichés. My God. The old, past it, irrelevant clichés.

As soon as they go to speak to one you can bet Le Tiss or Merson will start screeching in the background. Must be a goal?! Nah, Huddersfield have a corner. 

Attention seeking cockwombles. I hope they all contract dysentery

Â