Media and punditry

BOF

Just now, Don_Simon said:

I'm no oil painting, but, **** me, Lee Hendrie looks like a crack addict who used the money he found in the bin to go to Mo's Barberz and get the beard thats all the rage with the Kidz. 

His punditry is also rubbish. 

(I do not have a vendetta against Lee Hendrie and as far as I'm aware he did not sleep with my daughter, girlfriend, mother, etc).

He was in the Trinity on Saturday, I saw a bunch of people go up and get photos with him. And all I could think was "...Why?!".

Just now, Davkaus said:

He was in the Trinity on Saturday, I saw a bunch of people go up and get photos with him. And all I could think was "...Why?!".

I went to see Liam Gallagher in Dublin last year. His older brother Paul Gallagher walked into the pub we were in after and the blokes in there were all over him like we'd be over John McGinn in a dark room. Paul Gallagher is an overwieght, old, absolute nondescript gentlemen whose claim to fame is to be the older brother of two younger brothers. I've heard some people call Lee Hendrie a legend - laughable doesn't come close. 

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

For the likes and clicks fam.

I don't get it either. Lady behind me everyweek takes a photo of the dugout, the manager, the players coming out, the subs warming up, any past players who may be walking people around.

You're at the game love, I am sure you social media friends are aware you go to the game, no need to take the same photo every pissing week to prove it.

Hope he's OK

Former England and Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle is seriously ill and has been taken to hospital after appearing as a pundit on BT Sport on Saturday.

Presenter Mark Pougatch said the football results show BT Score had been cancelled as a result of Hoddle's condition.

The illness occurred on the former Spurs midfielder's 61st birthday.

BT presenter Jake Humphrey said Hoddle was "taken seriously ill at the BT Sport studio this morning".

He added on social media: "Everyone of us is right with you Glenn, sending love and strength."

Hoddle, who earned 53 caps for England, was considered to be one of the best players of his generation.

He won the FA Cup and Uefa Cup with Spurs and also played for Monaco, Swindon and Chelsea.

Gary Lineker, the Match of the Day presenter and former Tottenham and England striker, posted on social media: "Hugely worrying news that Glenn Hoddle collapsed at the BT studios earlier. Thoughts are with him and his family. Come on, Glenn."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46002170

21 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Must be paying for something he did in a past life.

He did say that the statement was a serious error of judgement.

Personally I think "Diamond Lights" was a more serious error of judgement.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, screwdriver said:

the follow up it's goodbye is brilliant. easily tune of the 80s.

obviously I hope it's not goodbye to glenn as I always thought he was great. loved the way he never tucked in his shirt.

It's between him & God for the best player who I ever saw live. I used to love watching him play for England. I think in the Rous Cup against Scotland was my 1st memory of him.

Diamond Lights is a sort of industrial post punk, British synth pop tune. If it hadn't been fronted by those 2 footballers it would probably be a fairly respectable example of the genre. Written by the bloke who was responsible for Russ Abbotts recording career so, yeah, really authentic!

I never seen Hoddle play just highlights but from what I have heard he was like Paul Scholes. Not in skill but as a player that was not really in the English style of play and had no idea what system to play him

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I never seen Hoddle play just highlights but from what I have heard he was like Paul Scholes. Not in skill but as a player that was not really in the English style of play and had no idea what system to play him

Absolute joy to watch - the complete opposite of his punditry in fact! Great vision, and could land a pass on a penny from 8o yards.

Under-appreciated by England, much like Le Tissier and Scholes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dean Saunders is a useless pundit, its bad when Sherwood is the voice of reason out of 2 people on a panel

Yep loved him as a player and he's a nice chap but clearly as thick as pig shit. He's a very good footballer and all of it came naturally to him, an example of a ex-player who actually knows nothing about the game.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep loved him as a player and he's a nice chap but clearly as thick as pig shit. He's a very good footballer and all of it came naturally to him, an example of a ex-player who actually knows nothing about the game.

He was talking about the usual PSG front 3 of Neymar, Mbappe and the lad that plays on the wing,  2 minutes later he said it was Cavani

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dean Saunders is a useless pundit, its bad when Sherwood is the voice of reason out of 2 people on a panel

He actually makes me angry, another pundit that tries to relate everything back to "his day" like it has any sort of relevance. It's not nineteen ninety **** five.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didn't someone tell a story in On Topic about how much of a bell end he seemed to be when they did that day at bodymoor heath where fans got invited to play 5 aside with some villa legends? :D 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Didn't someone tell a story in On Topic about how much of a bell end he seemed to be when they did that day at bodymoor heath where fans got invited to play 5 aside with some villa legends? :D 

Go on....

I remember watching him on that Bullard Challenge soccer AM thing, one of the first episodes and you could really tell he still rated himself and was quietly fuming when he lost.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Go on....

I remember watching him on that Bullard Challenge soccer AM thing, one of the first episodes and you could really tell he still rated himself and was quietly fuming when he lost.

It was kind of the same thing IIRC.

Absolutely rated himself, wanted everything to go through him and was utterly shit :D 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not to put him on the spot but I believe it was @TrentVilla that alluded to that story.

But I’m pretending Trent met him on a bad day as Deano was my childhood hero and I still haven’t quite got over him leaving to play for Galatasaray nearly a quarter of a century ago.

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not to put him on the spot but I believe it was @TrentVilla that alluded to that story.

But I’m pretending Trent met him on a bad day as Deano was my childhood hero and I still haven’t quite got over him leaving to play for Galatasaray nearly a quarter of a century ago.

It was, I did and you know that thing people say about never meeting your hero’s...... sadly it was a fairly normal day I think.

Â