Media and punditry

BOF

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know Tim Lovejoy was never really that funny but **** the current Soccer AM makes him as funny as Richard Pryor. garbage

True but I'd probably think the Soccer AM of 15 odd years ago is garbage if I had to watch it now. Simply out of the demographic. 

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

True but I'd probably think the Soccer AM of 15 odd years ago is garbage if I had to watch it now. Simply out of the demographic. 

yeah it was crap when you look back at it and  today was probably 1st time I watched it in the same timeframe

Troy Deeney is really good, I think.  He'll have lots to do when he hangs up his boots.  Doesn't try to be controversial, doesn't use inflammatory language - just keeps it honest and down to earth.  I liked this interview a lot as it gave you an insight into what he thinks and what happens on the pitch. 

• Like 2

Watching MOTD (well its on in the background) for the first time in a long while.

What is Phil Neville doing/on/thinking?

”he out strengths the player” out muscle the player, yes! uses his strength to beat the player, yes! but out strenghts??? :huh:

then the Stoke penalty replay “Stoke for me feel a little bit ungrieved” eh? aggrieved you muppet.

I know MOTD introduced ‘capitulation’ a while back when we were in the PL (and yes I had to look it up) but those examples above....:puke:

Phil Neville is hopeless as a pundit. Crazy to think he's been assistant at Man. United and Valencia with the "insight" he comes up with.

Clinton Morrison is terrible on channel 5 aswell. Dosen't seem like he knows anything about any team or player and just waits for Colin Murray to make a point and then he just repeats it back and agrees with it.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2017 at 22:09, Dr_Pangloss said:

Tonight is the first time I've heard Jamie Carragher as co-commentator and I have to say he has been absolutely appalling, a continue stream of garbage flowing out of his mouth, one of the worst I've ever heard.

He's an "expert" on Swedish telly for CL-fixtures this season.

Utterly pointless addition. 

Atmosphere in the stadium, big night, I remember when playing here...

He's a parody.

• 2 weeks later...

West ham v liverpool on talkshite, with stuart pearce on commentary, just said this about mohammed salah

"Ive never seen a player like him come to new country and play like he has tonight"

Like a snooker player living three shots ahead, he had the uncanny ability to foresee how the kaleidoscope of 20 moving parts came together on the pitch.

Wherever pockets of space bubbled up, he would be in the centre of them, head up, breathing fresh air and taking in the view.

Then, ball at his feet, at the base of midfield, came the second half of his genius.

Slide-rule geometrics, feather-duster through balls, glorious cross-field parabolas or pinged top-corner heat-seekers - while others simply struck the ball, Pirlo's boot coaxed it into the perfect shape and weight with the dexterity of a potter's fingertips.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41903596

:puke:

Phil Neville is just no good as a commentator, a pundit, or an assistant manager.

Quite a few morons on telly these days it appears.

I do like to catch a decent game now and again with Niall Quinn commentating.

He seems to breath a bit of life into a game.

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Phil Neville is just no good as a commentator, a pundit, or an assistant manager.

Quite a few morons on telly these days it appears.

I do like to catch a decent game now and again with Niall Quinn commentating.

He seems to breath a bit of life into a game.

LOL on board in terms of Phil Neville but Quinn is one of the very worst out there, an absolute babbling brook of bullshit.

• Like 1

You could take most reasonable intelligent football fans who have watched/played at an amateur level on TV and they'd do a better job than 99% of the actual pundits.

In truth, most ex-pros are thick as pig shit.

• Like 1

Niall Quinn is the worst co-commentator out there, no question.

He either doesn't actually watch the games when he is commentating, or is just incredibly stupid.

A player could commit the most blatant foul ever, clear as day on the replay, and Quinn would be saying 'it doesn't look like he touched him, he's unlucky there'. 

14 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

You could take most reasonable intelligent football fans who have watched/played at an amateur level on TV and they'd do a better job than 99% of the actual pundits.

In truth, most ex-pros are thick as pig shit.

I remember thinking we'd hit the bottom when I saw Joleon Lescott as a pundit on Sky. He could barely speak, let alone contribute any worthwhile analysis. 

Â